Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is now the time for Lampard to be dropped?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'd rather not see him in our midfield again - slow, poor passing and crap finishing, his confidence is completely shot (don't get me wrong, he's class on his day), but he's fast becoming a liability.

Beckham Hargreaves Carrick Cole
Gerrard

would suit me

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yup, he was appaling but you know it ain't gonna happen.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Did Gerrard play weel today? I didn't think so. Lampard isn't the only one not firing. There was so much low quality football from us today, it's hard to believe we have some of the world's best players.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I hate watching england

1) all the people who have totally ignored football for the last 2 years getting excited... it pisses me off.

fair weather fans.

2) it's negative tactics to the extreme.

altho..

well done rooney and some others.

NOT WELL DONE LAMPARD...when will he stop with those awful shots.

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
Play Beckham in the centre with long balls and lennon on right

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
DJ Leon said:
Did Gerrard play weel today? I didn't think so. Lampard isn't the only one not firing. There was so much low quality football from us today, it's hard to believe we have some of the world's best players.

Do we? The press would have us believe it but I don't. Who would get into a World 11? I doubt anyone.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Do we? The press would have us believe it but I don't. Who would get into a World 11? I doubt anyone.

Gerrard (officially the 3rd best player in the world). Lampard (officially the 2nd best player in the world). Rooney - widely seen as one of (if not the) best young player in the world - would probably all start. Rooney might not I guess.

Beckham, Terry, Owen, Ferdinand (unbelieveably) Cole and Cole are all seen internationally as world class. I would expect some of them to make the squad.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Yes he does need to be dropped, but I don't think he will. I'm sure he'll look at his own indidvidual performance and say I must improve in the Quarter Finals. I think we might see a different Frank Lampard against Holland or Portugal. IMO.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
DJ Leon said:
Gerrard (officially the 3rd best player in the world). Lampard (officially the 2nd best player in the world). Rooney - widely seen as one of (if not the) best young player in the world - would probably all start. Rooney might not I guess.

Beckham, Terry, Owen, Ferdinand (unbelieveably) Cole and Cole are all seen internationally as world class. I would expect some of them to make the squad.

Voted for by the European press I'm guessing?

edit, just had a look and it's true that lampard was voted no2 behind Ronaldhino, but come on how can a poll that has Drogba as the 10th best in the World be taken seriously? :lol:

FIFA best players in the World

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
give the guy a break, surely he i sone of the players who has played nearly every game bar 1 in the whole season

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I would leave Lampard in the team. He has been poor last few games but as he has shown over the last few years his finishing is so consistant and the last few matches are probably the only time he has seriously underperformed in the last two years. If he gets a goal in the next few games he will get some confidence back and if he gets back to his best he will be so important for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here