Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is no statue safe?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The thread hasn't moved. Why have you tagged me into something I wasn't doscussing with you? I'm perfectly well read in History thanks.

A clear lie. It was the 10th thread down in the big board, and now it's top. No wait, second. Now third. Jeez, this thread is constantly moving up and down the page!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Black Lives Matter, but not that much to you.

Which thread has moved?
Where?
How do you know I moved it?
How do you know I'm in denial?
How do you know I'm not widely read in Arab history, including slavery?
What about the Romans?

Jan 30, 2008
I haven't denied it!!?? :lolol: :shrug:

I'm asking you who is denying slavery hasn't existed in Africa and the rest of the world for thousands of years!!?? Before Islam, before Christianity, before history even.

Talk about being agenda driven.

Comedy gold, another poster who gets a fair amount of flak from the usual suspects , I'm sure he can deal with it though
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
A clear lie. It was the 10th thread down in the big board, and now it's top. No wait, second. Now third. Jeez, this thread is constantly moving up and down the page!

He's a mod who likes to mix it up on here and get stuck in the moment someone triggers him off
Regards
DF

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
[MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]

Seeing as this thread has been moved I will post the video documentary The Untold Story of the Arab Slave Trade which is founded by Islam and it's Islamic texts, in the Quran and Hadiths. Anyone who doesn't watch this documentary is insincere.

https://youtu.be/Ov9GFPmoOPg

I understand that slavery had been going on for centuries before Britains got involved.

However, I’m not comfortable with the framing of this as an Islam compared to Christianity situation as is prevalent in the clip of your profoundly amateurish documentary, he reminds me of something Scientology would produce. The two protagonists clearly have a Christian agenda, the white Aussie fella comes across as particularly sinister and Islamophobic. Historic and contemporary Slavery in the Middle East is more of a problem for those countries than ours, once we’ve solved the issues caused by the Atlantic Slave Trade in this Country, we’ll be much better qualified to point the finger.

My point was that the transatlantic slave trade was not the ‘cherry’ on the top, it was the damned cake because of the effect we see around us now. It was shameful that a Country such as ours who considered itself more civilised than most of the rest of the world sullied it’s hands with such a wretched trade. The power balance effect that was caused can be seen in a lot of areas in this country, I’m not sure you see that effect in the middle-east so much.

Jan 30, 2008
I understand that slavery had been going on for centuries before Britains got involved.

However, I’m not comfortable with the framing of this as an Islam compared to Christianity situation as is prevalent in the clip of your profoundly amateurish documentary, he reminds me of something Scientology would produce. The two protagonists clearly have a Christian agenda, the white Aussie fella comes across as particularly sinister and Islamophobic. Historic and contemporary Slavery in the Middle East is more of a problem for those countries than ours, once we’ve solved the issues caused by the Atlantic Slave Trade in this Country, we’ll be much better qualified to point the finger.

My point was that the transatlantic slave trade was not the ‘cherry’ on the top, it was the damned cake because of the effect we see around us now. It was shameful that a Country such as ours who considered itself more civilised than most of the rest of the world sullied it’s hands with such a wretched trade. The power balance effect that was caused can be seen in a lot of areas in this country, I’m not sure you see that effect in the middle-east so much.

Get over yourself man , it was the norm then,we've still got sex slaves in this country and human trafficking
Regards
DF

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don't blame you or others for not understanding this core issue because the sentiment of BLM seems perfectly reasonable on the surface. Of course no one wants to see racism.

However not all of the black community support BLM because recent cases like that of Oluwatoyin Salau goes unnoticed and it's an uncomfortable truth that BLM doesn't help or tackle the problems within the black community and they are still suffering.

So no, you are not directly endorsing black on black violent crime and murders, just helping to cover the issue up unwittingly. There are many from the black community who are speaking out but it is not covered in the media and they don't really care about the statues either, it's just a token gesture from white people involved in BLM and other groups jumping on the bandwagon for their own agenda.

There are plenty of testimonies from the black community out there but I will not post them on NSC, or links to stories on NSC anymore because I will be removed from the threads and be accused of racism which is well clear of the mark if you knew me.

It will all become clearer later down the line for anyone who is oblivious, or wilfully ignorant, to it all now.

I would not be surprised if I am removed from this thread for this comment anyway.

I don't think anyone understands anything anymore. I say that slightly tongue in cheek, but...………

I don't condone the Colston Statue thing, but understand it, because his wealth, whatever he did with it, was built on slavery. I can understand the Cecil Rhodes statue bit in Oxford, because his activities during his lifetime were similarly ultra racist.

I understand it far less for the likes of Churchill and Baden Powell. The statues to them, for example, are inspired by achievements that had absolutely nothing to do with any racist tendencies or actions they had or did. But before anybody comes back on any of that, I realise how complicated these things are.

I jokingly said elsewhere a few days ago that people would be pulling down statues of Mother Teresa next, thinking she was purer than pure, but then was quite rightly regaled with stuff that indicated otherwise, which actually shocked and surprised me. As I have just said, these things are complicated. I now have revised my view of Mother Teresa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here