Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is no statue safe?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
We shall agree to disagree, I believe a race war has been hyped by the media for the last to weeks, you cannot pick and choose what you find offensive surely, last weeks thuggery by BLM was disgusting, this week’s violence by the pathetic football nobs alliance and again by the BLM was equally vile, again what the **** has it got to do with the UK, we do not have a problem in the UK , it is stoked up by the media and race baiting bumholes.

That’s what was said when Stephen Lawrence was murdered. We do have a problem, it’s not as big as many countries but it still a problem.
If this had happened 90 years ago in Germany, many ( granted not all) of the wankers that turned up yesterday would have been wearing brown shirts and beating the **** out of Jews, gays and anyone else that didn’t meet the nazi ideal.
Bunch of *****.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
de8531f2c4266141737988361ef4fba8.jpg

Taking a step back from all the vitriol and hatred, can we all agree the UK has gone completely bonkers in the last 2 weeks?
What happened 4000 miles away was a disgusting act of murder by a racist cop, the cop is, hopefully going to face justice, how did this turn into a race war in the uk? Utterly mad!..
Sad times.
This

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Glasgow-clash-riot-police-hurl-missiles.html

Rival groups throw 'missiles' at each other in Glasgow and clash with riot police as protesters abandon march demanding removal of Sir Robert Peel statue (but police claim it's nothing to do with BLM demo)

Police astonishingly insisted that the clashes in Glasgow today were not linked to a Black Lives Matter demo
Today's protest demanding the removal of Glasgow's Sir Robert Peel statue in George Square was cancelled
It came after hundreds of 'loyalists' surrounded the statue to 'protect it' from being pulled down by protesters
The loyalists were gathered in Glasgow by the far-right Loyalist Defence League and chased off BLM activists

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Glasgow-clash-riot-police-hurl-missiles.html

Rival groups throw 'missiles' at each other in Glasgow and clash with riot police as protesters abandon march demanding removal of Sir Robert Peel statue (but police claim it's nothing to do with BLM demo)

Police astonishingly insisted that the clashes in Glasgow today were not linked to a Black Lives Matter demo
Today's protest demanding the removal of Glasgow's Sir Robert Peel statue in George Square was cancelled
It came after hundreds of 'loyalists' surrounded the statue to 'protect it' from being pulled down by protesters
The loyalists were gathered in Glasgow by the far-right Loyalist Defence League and chased off BLM activists

'Astonishingly, however, police claimed the clashes were not related to a Black Lives Matter protest, despite photos showing hundreds of far-right loyalists who claimed to be defending the statue from being pulled down.' is what it says.
They are not interested in protecting anything. Their only intent is mob violence for the sake of mob violence.

Jan 30, 2008

Rival groups throw 'missiles' at each other in Glasgow and clash with riot police as protesters abandon , hello we are the Billy boys march demanding removal of Sir Robert Peel statue (but police claim it's nothing to do with BLM demo)

Hello , Hello we are the Billy boys !!!
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
'Astonishingly, however, police claimed the clashes were not related to a Black Lives Matter protest, despite photos showing hundreds of far-right loyalists who claimed to be defending the statue from being pulled down.' is what it says.
They are not interested in protecting anything. Their only intent is mob violence for the sake of mob violence.

Ex Servicemen and Patriots along with a few Bikers doing there bit outside of Eastbourne pier yestetday along with Brighton fans /Patriots/ex servicemen at the war memorial in Brighton # pulling together
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008

Antifa all over David but then you knew that , how do you think George sorros is feeling about all these going on ?
Regards
DF

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ex Servicemen and Patriots along with a few Bikers doing there bit outside of Eastbourne pier yestetday along with Brighton fans /Patriots/ex servicemen at the war memorial in Brighton # pulling together
Regards
DF

I trust they had the good manners to not act like the ********s on London yesterday or are you a rad disappointed.

I still can’t get over blokes chucking out nazi salutes whilst protecting the statue of the guy who destroyed the 1000 year reich. That must hurt.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Antifa all over David but then you knew that , how do you think George sorros is feeling about all these going on ?
Regards
DF

Yeah, Antifa has been stopped in its tracks by drunk, urine soaked 'patriots' who are unable to spell the name of the place they are 'patriotic' about. Antifa 'all over' makes you look more stupid than you normally look. Credit where credits due.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I trust they had the good manners to not act like the ********s on London yesterday or are you a rad disappointed.

I still can’t get over blokes chucking out nazi salutes whilst protecting the statue of the guy who destroyed the 1000 year reich. That must hurt.

Strangely, most the usual suspects didnt see any Nazi salutes.
I was told the other day here, that 'BLM' is 'driven' by Anti Brexit sentiment, so im assuming that yesterdays events was driven by Brexit sentiment. It makes at least one Brexiteer here happy, our resident halfwit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Channel 4 news guest admits that she hasn't done a lot of history work with Churchill and hasn't personally met him . :shrug: 5 mins on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZZ3yVlxl5c

I’d give her the benefit of the doubt, and suggest that MAYBE the ‘haven't Personally met him’ is in response to the presenter’s opening line, of “Boris Johnson has said about the statues, etc, etc... what do you say?”

But yes - the young lady does trip over her words somewhat. Everything she says is fair enough, mind.

Big Beach Seagull

Salt of the earth
May 16, 2020
Regards
DF

I once spotted George Soros' Rolls Royce Sweptail parked in Wilson Avenue with half a tyre on a double yellow. The ticket I handed out gave me the hardest stiffy I've had in my life. I just about held out until I got home but then I remembered I'd left a well written article by Allison Pearson upstairs for "later" and I must admit, I made a mess of my Pot Noodle. I doubt the lefty liberal elite on NSC will ever know that level of ecstasy.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I’d give her the benefit of the doubt, and suggest that MAYBE the ‘haven't Personally met him’ is in response to the presenter’s opening line, of “Boris Johnson has said about the statues, etc, etc... what do you say?”

But yes - the young lady does trip over her words somewhat. Everything she says is fair enough, mind.

" Some say he's a racist some say he's a hero " . The use of the present tense suggests that she does need to swot up on her history before passing judgment .

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
" Some say he's a racist some say he's a hero " . The use of the present tense suggests that she does need to swot up on her history before passing judgment .

And an answer to a specific question.

“Should the statue of Churchill be there or not do you think?”

"Well ive heard many arguments on both sides, some say that he`s a racist, some say that he`s a hero. I haven’t personally met him".

does seem an odd thing to say, considering he has been dead for 50 years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here