Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is no statue safe?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Waving to their friends on Mumsnet, obvs. And terrible that the photographer cut off the bottom of the sign. It actually read "No more mosques should ever be defiled in the name of football". Bleeding lefties and their agenda. They'll be making something unseemly of the sense these upstanding individuals are showing by wrapping up warm on a cold day in London next.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
BuT wHaT aBoUt ThE sOcIaL dIsTaNcInG?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Does anyone know what happened to the 'Operation-Protect Our War Memorials and Statues' thread?

I took it off the Board last night partly because it had turned into a carbon copy of various other threads and partly because the OP requested it be removed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Tweet
See new Tweets
Tweet
Danny Wallace
[MENTION=15890]danny[/MENTION]wallace
·
2h
I don't understand.

- Police are protecting a statue from people who want to protect it from people who don't seem to be there.
- Meanwhile the man who stopped us all from having to salute like a Nazi is celebrated by men doing Nazi salutes.

I mean, it's very 2020, but still.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So let me get this straight. Are the current lot in London attacking the police because the police are planning on taking down a statue? Or is it because the police took Little Britain off Netflix?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Apparently there is a BLM march in the centre of Newcastle today, in response to which a large group of middle aged men have turned up to "protect" the statue of Earl Grey from any attempt to topple it.

There are two salient points here:

1) The aforementioned statue is on top of a 130ft high column, so anyone wishing to do anything to it is going to have to bring some fairly serious climbing equipment.

2) Earl Grey was the Prime Minister when Britain abolished slavery throughout the Empire, so I can't imagine his statue is likely to be on anyone's agenda to topple as far as BLM goes.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Apparently there is a BLM march in the centre of Newcastle today, in response to which a large group of middle aged men have turned up to "protect" the statue of Earl Grey from any attempt to topple it.

There are two salient points here:

1) The aforementioned statue is on top of a 130ft high column, so anyone wishing to do anything to it is going to have to bring some fairly serious climbing equipment.

2) Earl Grey was the Prime Minister when Britain abolished slavery throughout the Empire, so I can't imagine his statue is likely to be on anyone's agenda to topple as far as BLM goes.

People forget that Britain abolished slavery which is still going on today in Africa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here