Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is no statue safe?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yes but why not try it again? I can't think why it wasn't the first thing they tried when knife crime became an issue. It makes perfect sense to me, target those who are statistically more likely to commit knife crime.

The problem is people don't like profiling as it's often deemed to be racist as it tends to throw up the same suspects/victim demographics, without looking at the reasons.

Same argument as to why more people from the BAME / BME* communities are more prone to die from Covid-19 - genetics or social conditions.

* Apparently there is a move afoot from those thus described to get these acronyms dropped as they believe they are racist!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes but why not try it again? I can't think why it wasn't the first thing they tried when knife crime became an issue. It makes perfect sense to me, target those who are statistically more likely to commit knife crime.

Perhaps you would have a different opinion if you were a law abiding citizen who just happened to be in a demographic that is ‘more likely to commit knife crime.’

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
The problem is people don't like profiling as it's often deemed to be racist as it tends to throw up the same suspects/victim demographics, without looking at the reasons.

Same argument as to why more people from the BAME / BME* communities are more prone to die from Covid-19 - genetics or social conditions.

* Apparently there is a move afoot from those thus described to get these acronyms dropped as they believe they are racist!

Surely the most important issue to tackle is people dying from knife crime and tough sh*t if 'people don't like it' as if it saves some lives then to me it's well worth it. Surely if the Police issue a statement saying 'we do realise this maybe an inconvenience if you fall into the category of those likely to be stopped and searched, however we are doing it to save lives and to make a safer London'.

Most of us 'didn't / don't like' lockdown but we realised it was done for a good reason the same would apply to me for targeted stop and searching.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Perhaps you would have a different opinion if you were a law abiding citizen who just happened to be in a demographic that is ‘more likely to commit knife crime.’

If my demographic was shown to me to be the most likely to commit knife crime and that was who the police targeted I would think 'fair enough it makes sense'. Target those most likely to commit the crime.

Jan 30, 2008
regards
DF

[post your Tommy Robinson shit elsewhere, thanks - not remotely relevant to this thread]

Last edited by a moderator:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
But whether he does or doesn't personally think the statues should be a priority, the fact of the matter is that they ARE a big current topic. Better that he takes steps to act on the obviously problematic ones (Milligan) quickly, than leave it and invite further disorder or conflict, no?

And the transparent deflection regards knife-crime, is exactly that. Is his office not allowed to focus on more than one issue at a time?

Fair points and well put, however to me if it really was a big issue to him he would've addressed it as soon as he took office. He's jumped on the remove statue's bandwagon as it's the current 'in' cause as indeed many have.

No 'deflection' intended, I just believe trying to eradicate or at the very least reduce knife crime is more important than a few historic statues. Correct I'm sure he can multi task but too me he seems more passionate about removing statues than he does trying to stop knife crime. Just my opinion I'm not saying I'm right.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's never been re-themed. It's based on the film Song of the South, which has many controversial racial elements.

For some reason I thought it had been changed to the princess and the frog for the reasons you mention.

Let’s hope they don’t read up on Walt’s dodgy background.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If my demographic was shown to me to be the most likely to commit knife crime and that was who the police targeted I would think 'fair enough it makes sense'. Target those most likely to commit the crime.

Racially aggravated assaults against ethnic minorities are most likely to be committed by white males. Would you be happy being stopped and searched whenever you are in a predominantly black area eg an away game in one of the inner cities ? I wouldn’t, as I have never committed a crime and expect to be treated with respect by the police. I’m not sure why we are discussing knife crime on a statues thread but you seem to have linked two unrelated issues and unfortunately thereby confirmed your own stereotype.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because HKFC said it is and he is 'the voice of reason' so don't you dare disagree with him, I'm warning you. He's not a bully though.

Well, I've explained why I consider his post to be a simplistic take ('Churchill won the war, so he is above any reproach'). That, as the signature you love to parrot, is my opinion. I'd say it's a fairly sound one. The rest of your post is just dribble - plenty 'disagree with' me. and are free to do so. For some odd, reason, you feel I should not be allowed the same privilege.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Racially aggravated assaults against ethnic minorities are most likely to be committed by white males. Would you be happy being stopped and searched whenever you are in a predominantly black area eg an away game in one of the inner cities ? I wouldn’t, as I have never committed a crime and expect to be treated with respect by the police. I’m not sure why we are discussing knife crime on a statues thread but you seem to have linked two unrelated issues and unfortunately thereby confirmed your own stereotype.

Can't say I would be 'happy' but I would accept it. That's an irony 'not sure why we are discussing knife crime on this thread' s you discuss knife crime on it!! What is my 'stereotype?' Do tell.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Its quite ironic that the two biggest racists of the second half of the 20th century were black, Amin and Mugabe.

both to the detriment of their own people.......one ****whitt American cop has caused more global upheaval and outrage in choking one African American man of dubious character than the slaying of 800000 Rwandans over a period of eleven weeks , this atrocity was carried out in our time but for some reason it just didn't seem to be an issue at the time .....kinda sucks balls no...?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Well, I've explained why I consider his post to be a simplistic take ('Churchill won the war, so he is above any reproach'). That, as the signature you love to parrot, is my opinion. I'd say it's a fairly sound one. The rest of your post is just dribble - plenty 'disagree with' me. and are free to do so. For some odd, reason, you feel I should not be allowed the same privilege.

Your first post just said 'childish' with no explanation as to why it was. There you go again 'dribble' rude and patronising as per usual. 'Free to do so' eh? That's a laugh you as one of the priveleged NSC inneer circle elite just remove posters from the thread if they dare express a view that is't the 'acceptable' one.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Can't say I would be 'happy' but I would accept it. That's an irony 'not sure why we are discussing knife crime on this thread' s you discuss knife crime on it!! What is my 'stereotype?' Do tell.

Well, I was only responding to your comments.
Your stereotype seems to be someone a little over interested in racial issues. To me you are the flip side of the same coin as the people you dislike. Just an observation and not meant in an insulting way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here