[Albion] Is Mr Potter, Chris Hughton II...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Probably be dull'n'worthy salaryman Southgate, should England decide to move him on. He'd tick ALL the Albion boxes

How long would it be before the players even realised...?

Christmas 2022...

"I just said, 'Morning Graham' to the Gaffer and he completely blanked me?"
"Don't worry about it. He's been like that since June."

0_GettyImages-1310282229.jpg

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How long would it be before the players even realised...?

View attachment 145997

November.

"You ask him".
"I'm not you ask him".
"Nope not doing it".
"No chance".
"no way, Lewis you're the captain you ask him".

"Gaffer, why aren't you wearing that really nice grey coat, you had last winter?"

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is always a little redundant - 'well what striker would you sign then?'
I'm not the owner of a football club or of a football manager recruitment agency - so why would I know?

As have said elsewhere and ALL OVER THIS THREAD, I certainly wouldn't sack GPott but be seriously concerned that managing the Albion in the Premier League gets near identical results from men with completely different ethos.

Somehow that makes me entitled. :shrug:.

I would add that the ‘who do you want as a replacement’ question also fails to take into account who is actually available and willing to join. It is not our job to come up with a replacement as we don’t have the information.

Ps I also feel the need to say I want Potter to stay. Just responding to this question.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"You ask him".
"I'm not you ask him".
"Nope not doing it".
"No chance".

"Gaffer, why aren't you wearing that really nice grey coat, you had last winter?"

Ha! Appallingly cynical minds think alike. I just made my edit then read your scenario above. In another life, in another time, we'd have been writing The Two Ronnies Christmas special instead of wasting our best stuff on here....:moo:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I've pretty much only just stopped facepalming at Adam "5 Minutes" Lallana.

The idea that we can magically rehabilitate injury prone players is cute, but simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Once you're liable to being crocked, particularly with muscle injuries, that's the way your body reacts to sport.

Anyone can have an unfortunate crack of heads, get cut in two with a poor challenge or get an impact injury from hitting a post or advert board but if your body struggles with high intensity sport then it will always struggle with high intensity sport.

Lallana is a class player but can anyone really say that he's improved us as a club? Add his and Welbeck's wages together and you get a young striker with a decent finishing ratio, surely?

The signings of Lallana and Welbeck look like a Dan Ashworth vanity project to me. They would have known each other from the England days. You can see the logic of signing big name players to try to make us a bigger club. And Dan’s contacts book may have looked impressive to some at the club.
But I agree with you that on the whole it hasn’t been money well spent.
Also the argument that Lallana is worth having, for his influence off the pitch, is embarrassing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Also the argument that Lallana is worth having, for his influence off the pitch, is embarrassing.

Just this week Lewis Dunk said he is the biggest influence around the team.

Webster and Lallana are the big vocal ones around the place, so no surprise we look shit with both missing

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Just this week Lewis Dunk said he is the biggest influence around the team.

Webster and Lallana are the big vocal ones around the place, so no surprise we look shit with both missing

Yeah, lack of leadership on the pitch is an issue.
I don’t doubt Lallana is a great guy but Surely we signed him to be an influence on the pitch, as in he himself creating goals etc.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
November.

"You ask him".
"I'm not you ask him".
"Nope not doing it".
"No chance".

Bold to assume Southgate plays Dunk if appointed…

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Soft club, soft Board. Need winners.

Soft fans too. For many many seasons we’ve had a brigade of rose tints who will excuse everything and everyone, anything to do with BHA can’t be critiqued. A losers mentality, constantly satisfied with 3rd, 4th and 5th best never mind 2nd. Precious, in a nutshell. Love to see a couple of Cloughie and Horton type personalities to pull everything up by the scruff. We do appear soft as you say. In everything.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It sounded like a library on TV yesterday - full of tourists to see Klopp and co no doubt a big part of it

It was fine for 20 mins until our supposed international goalkeeper decided to gift one of the best teams in the world a goal. Destroying our bright start and killing the crowd.

You can’t blame Potter for Sanchez’s brain fart, Lallana lasting 6 mins, Trossard playing like a tart and the board deciding to weaken his squad in January for him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was fine for 20 mins until our supposed international goalkeeper decided to gift one of the best teams in the world a goal. Destroying our bright start and killing the crowd.

You can’t blame Potter for Sanchez’s brain fart, Lallana lasting 6 mins, Trossard playing like a tart and the board deciding to weaken his squad in January for him.

This. From a surfeit of CB's we've gone to bare bones overnight feels like, due to perfick storm of cash-ins, injuries and suspensions. Used to be we could defend but not score. Now we can't to either. Just as well we had that ultrabrite first five games really, combined with implosion of Everton and Leeds, else we'd be right in the mix for you-know-what.

Liverpool looked a bit uncertain early on yesterday, loads of unforced errors and misplaced passes. Then they suddenly realised we were no threat. Then they scored and kicked on. Story of WAY too many recent games sadly

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Chris Hughton is or was a competent manager - among other things he took your historically absolutely shite football club to the Premier League - so being Chris Hughton II is not the worst thing imaginable.

Staying up with a so-so squad, like GP has, is good as well. Obviously some hope and expect a lot more than that but unfortunately reality has a bit too much to say on that subject.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Chris Hughton is or was a competent manager - among other things he took your historically absolutely shite football club to the Premier League - so being Chris Hughton II is not the worst thing imaginable.

Staying up with a so-so squad, like GP has, is good as well. Obviously some hope and expect a lot more than that but unfortunately reality has a bit too much to say on that subject.

Can’t believe you got a thumbs up on a BHA message board for that

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can’t believe you got a thumbs up on a BHA message board for that

Maybe some people realise what a lot of fans of small clubs realise.. that they are or were shite, but that it really doesnt matter. If people are cheering for Brighton due to glory and success you seriously have to question their sanity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports