Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Moyes mental?

Today, the Fulham goalscorer Jensen was hit by a coin from the crowd. Coleman expressed his disgust and outrage, insisting that the culprit could be caught.

Moyes echoed the sentiments, but said that it could have come from either of the fans....saying it could have been a Fulham fan.

Ahem, I don't know what Moyes is on, but perhaps he should get drug tested himself.
Would any fan, even the worst idiot, throw a coin at his own player straight after he's scored a goal for their team?

And I thought Moyes was reasonably sensible, fairly smart :nono:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
He said there were mixed fans behind the goal?... Well excuse me there is no such thing as mixed fans in the prem these days, that was the EVERTON away end, I watched the game, it was full of scallys.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was waiting for my girlfriend in the middle of Manchester as a student, crouching down against a wall.

Someone threw a coin at me.

They thought I was homeless.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
I was there, 40% everton 60% albion supporter ya see. When they scored, about 30 Fulham fans started jumping up and down and cheering. It was a away/neutral block but I didn't expect home fans there. Saw the coin hit Jensen and saw him holding his face. No idea who threw it but the Fulham fans were nowhere near where the incident took place.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Strikes me as being a bit odd for a Scouser to throw money around.........they're normally nicking the stuff???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember a Brighton fan throwing a cog that hit Michael Robinson on the head at the Goldstone.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Trigger said:
He said there were mixed fans behind the goal?... Well excuse me there is no such thing as mixed fans in the prem these days, that was the EVERTON away end, I watched the game, it was full of scallys.

Trig I watched it too. I was surprised when I saw a replay of the goal from one angle and you can clearly see a few people go up in celebration in the 'Everton' end. I remember it well because like you I'd thought Everton had the whole of one end.

Obviously Moyes is still, metaphorically speaking, on crack for the reasons NMH says but take a look at any replays on MOTD or Goals on Sunday if you can - there were Fulham fans in with the Mickeys.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thats always been a mixed stand since they were promoted

Big Rob

Nov 2, 2005
PONYHANGMAN2-2.jpg

Hang em !

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
From the BBC: