Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Maupay any better than Sam Baldock

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And Adam Webster made a wonderful last-ditch goal saving tackle in one of his best performances for us.

Had a great game today.

If there are any benefits to come out of this virus shit show then maybe one would be allowing him to develop as a Premier League player without certain elements in the crowd getting on his back all the time. If we stay up he could be the real deal by the time we're allowed back to play.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Maupay seems the sort of player who you love at your club and everyone hates when he's playing against your club.

Seems a nice guy off the pitch. Had a selfie with my son and his mates after the Bournemouth game and talked to them for a while. Then, when he was playing FIFA for us in the Leyton Orient tournament he had a game of Fortnite afterwards and invited anyone watching on his Twitch stream to be on his team. Again my son was one who got to play with him. He engages really well in English and French. He would, however, be fairly horrible to play against, which is why I'm glad he's with us and not one of our rivals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had a great game today.

If there are any benefits to come out of this virus shit show then maybe one would be allowing him to develop as a Premier League player without certain elements in the crowd getting on his back all the time. If we stay up he could be the real deal by the time we're allowed back to play.

Sadly though there will now always be vocal minority who are already so adamant he's shite, no amount of stopping shots and scoring goals will ever change their minds

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Sadly though there will now always be vocal minority who are already so adamant he's shite, no amount of stopping shots and scoring goals will ever change their minds

That's football though.

Every club has fans and players like that. Plenty on here who could never see the value of Barnes. Exactly the same ones then moaned when he left that we didn't have enough strikers. But some of them spend thousands a year on following the team everywhere and are entitled to their incorrect opinion :)

If we can get to the point where there's not an audible groan when Webster gets it then next season promises much. And, anyway, Ben White might be playing there by then :moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's football though.

Every club has fans and players like that. Plenty on here who could never see the value of Barnes. Exactly the same ones then moaned when he left that we didn't have enough strikers. But some of them spend thousands a year on following the team everywhere and are entitled to their incorrect opinion :)

If we can get to the point where there's not an audible groan when Webster gets it then next season promises much. And, anyway, Ben White might be playing there by then :moo:
I can't wait to audibly sigh at him, next season.

So excited.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're Beach Hut's slightly more interesting younger brother and I claim my five pounds.
Jesus wept I've seen some smackdowns on here, but shit the bed that's some slight on beachy.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Seems a nice guy off the pitch. Had a selfie with my son and his mates after the Bournemouth game and talked to them for a while. Then, when he was playing FIFA for us in the Leyton Orient tournament he had a game of Fortnite afterwards and invited anyone watching on his Twitch stream to be on his team. Again my son was one who got to play with him. He engages really well in English and French. He would, however, be fairly horrible to play against, which is why I'm glad he's with us and not one of our rivals.

I'm not comparing Maupay to Shearer, but part of Shearers game was getting in amongst the oppositions defence and basically winding them up till, either he scored or they snapped.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I'm not comparing Maupay to Shearer, but part of Shearers game was getting in amongst the oppositions defence and basically winding them up till, either he scored or they snapped.

Funnily enough another NSC regular made that point on whatsapp after the game. He does it a lot more subtely than Andone though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Murray is the perfect example of how a career in Championship up to late 20's is no barrier to success at Premier League level

Maupay from championship is proving far better business than several buys from the smaller European leagues

And he's only 23

We have a very good YOUNG squad

I think that Murray, the Greyhound and Stephens are the only players over 30, and a lot are 25 and under

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And he's only 23

We have a very good YOUNG squad

I think that Murray, the Greyhound and Stephens are the only players over 30, and a lot are 25 and under

Yup, it's so exciting. Although, without wanting to put too much of a dampner on things, check out Wolves' squad plus age. They're going to be a real force. They can do what Liverpool has done in the last year or two: just target the best for the position they need.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Maupay could be a very high scoring striker for us. He could be someone who scores 25+ goals. There, I’ve said it.

Once he gets used to the pace and movement he’ll be more than a handful.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've always been envious of the teams who have an irritating little talented ### who always has the last laugh.

Knockaert was almost that at times, but wasn't controlled enough not to lose his cool. He didn't have that "who me?" savvy that Maupay does.

Love him, long time coming.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yup, it's so exciting. Although, without wanting to put too much of a dampner on things, check out Wolves' squad plus age. They're going to be a real force. They can do what Liverpool has done in the last year or two: just target the best for the position they need.

That's okay - I'll settle for runners-up place behind Wolves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here