Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is knockaert the player we have missed recently?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Will CH a bring in AK for Propper or rely on Kayal. I just wonder whether either SM or AK could play CM in an attacking role. to get at Palace.
:wozza:

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Izguierdo needs to take on the full back. Don't think he done it once today, it was all cut backs which teams have now worked out. If only he would try something different like take them on

Maybe play him on the right so he can make a cross with his stronger foot while driving for the touchline, instead of having to cut back every time.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What are the odds for him getting sent off in his first game back, might be worth a punt !
Quality player, but has obvious issues to resolve, season right off for him and if we survive, a fresh start after the summer break.
Be like a new signing, to coin a phrase.
If Duffy is guilty of the same crime then he should do the same, might just as well have been 2 own goals yesterday.

D

Deleted member 18477

AK was very good against Arsenal. He's a childish brat but we have missed him.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
March was arguably our best attacking player yesterday. Produced a number of telling moments, including the goal, and defended well. Knockaert has struggled to produce anything telling all season despite starting most games...

So it’s a big No from me at the moment. Albeit I think there’s potential still for him to succeed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really like Knocky but he has a very suspect temperament and in the pressure cooker of Selhurst he could very easily lose it again, as he will get dog’s abuse from Palace fans I imagine. Impact sub, maybe but I wouldn’t start with him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
March was arguably our best attacking player yesterday. Produced a number of telling moments, including the goal, and defended well. Knockaert has struggled to produce anything telling all season despite starting most games...

So it’s a big No from me at the moment. Albeit I think there’s potential still for him to succeed.

Strange how people see things differently....second half i thought he looked slow and ponderous almost as though he was trying to run in treacle......i was hoping the goal would boost his confidence

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Selhurst is NOT the place to bring Knockaert back into the team. Her could easily get himself sent off again in that atmosphere.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Strange how people see things differently....second half i thought he looked slow and ponderous almost as though he was trying to run in treacle......i was hoping the goal would boost his confidence

He did drop off. But the lack of game time and the lack of confidence he probably has because of how poorly CH has used him this season probably contributed. But for large parts he was the only one who showed any quality or ingenuibity aside from Propper.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A woman at the bus stop in Village Way after the game was saying that AK would be ok if we could get him out the Revolution and off of the vodka. I have never heard this suggested before. O was she just rumour mongering.

I've actually heard something similar in a second hand information kind of way. I didn't think that it was beyond the realms of possibility.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To be fair to BG, I've heard exactly the same thing from someone who goes there regularly - Knockaert and Duffy are frequent visitors according to her...

Strange how the demon drink seems to affect people differently. Duffy has had a great season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here