Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Katla finally going to BLOW?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Are volcanic eruptions generally considered 'good' or 'bad' for global warming and/or climate change? Not fishing, that's a genuine question.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are volcanic eruptions generally considered 'good' or 'bad' for global warming and/or climate change? Not fishing, that's a genuine question.

I think it would be GOOD, in that the mahoosive ash cloud will send the rays of the sun back from whence they came.

(I'm guessing)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its getting a bit ridiculous now. If this erupts, then its time to implement some sanctions against Iceland to get them to sort their bloody volcanos out. We can't go on like this. They've had 80 YEARS notice ffs.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Am I the only one that opened this thread with an entirely different topic expectation?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What is the point of Iceland? It just disrupts everyone's holidays, loses everyone's money, and inflicts Bjork on the world. Prime location for a nuclear test, if you ask me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What is the point of Iceland? It just disrupts everyone's holidays, loses everyone's money, and inflicts Bjork on the world. Prime location for a nuclear test, if you ask me.

It does have one useful purpose as an emergency landing spot for transatlantic flights.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Am I the only one that opened this thread with an entirely different topic expectation?

No, I was expecting a sordid story about Ronnie Wood's Ex!!

katia-ivanova01.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think it would be GOOD, in that the mahoosive ash cloud will send the rays of the sun back from whence they came.
but release lots of CO2, which is bad m'kay. if its a dark ash cloud it will absorb sunlight?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

(I'm guessing)

Bad, because they release HUGE amounts of Greenhouse Gases.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here