Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to calm down

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

I think we are just waiting for when the time is right, then we will swoop in and get the signings we need. Do you really think the board want to see us in League One which amounts to lower season ticket sales, fewer TV appearances. Tony wants the Premiership windfall which will set this club up.

We have come to far to go back down and we have only played one game in the league. I would be really shocked and I mean shocked if we don't get anyone in. Everyone thinks they know what is going on at the club, nobody has a clue really, everyone slowly getting worked up, even myself, time to calm down.

CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN! WE ARE LOSING MILLIONS PER YEAR,S/T SALES ARE DOWN,NO POINTS ON THE BOARD,SELLING OFF THE FAMILY SILVER,CAR PARK DONE ONE,FOODS CRAP,PRICES GOING UP,TRAVEL IS IN CHAOS,NO NEW SONGS FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND NO SIGN OF THE WSU WATERSLIDE!:rant:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Are we being sensible though ?, I'd have probably agreed a month ago but we've just over 2 weeks left of the window and still need to replace Ulloa, Ward, Lingaard, Lopez, Orlandi, Andrews and arguably El-Abd and likely as much Buckley too now (Forget Hoskins & Rodriguez). That would just about get us back to the same level as we were let alone improve the depth of the squad. Crofts getting a 3 match ban along with Stephens still injured just shows how fragile we are to the point that Kemy is back in the squad.

D

Deleted member 22389

With current squad the chances of relegation are obviously high, TB is doing what he knows, gambling, if it comes off great, but the odds are not good.
At this stage of the window the remaining players fall into 3 categories, the unaffordable, the mercenary holding out for the best wage who will have no desire other than expanding his and his agents bank balance, and lastly those who nobody actually wants.
Before you all jump on me I'd like to point out that I'm still a fan and always will be, just I'm a little concerned that the suits who run our great club are gambling rather too heavily at the moment

I feel there is something good around the corner. I don't think the suits want to see us in League One. It's no good for ticket sales, or the sponsors and we get less TV money. I'm going to keep the faith. If we are bottom of the league in 12-13 matches time I will start worrying.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
These posts crack me up. Egg on faces? Humble pie? Why? I'm sure there will be not a single fan gutted that we've made some quality signings by September 1st, and I doubt many will care happily admitting they were wrong, or underestimated the club.

Those who are concerned don't HATE the club you know, we care too, we're just not as blissfully optimistic as others.

Exactly

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
I feel there is something good around the corner. I don't think the suits want to see us in League One. It's no good for ticket sales, or the sponsors and we get less TV money. I'm going to keep the faith. If we are bottom of the league in 12-13 matches time I will start worrying.

I admire your optimism and I hope your right

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
These posts crack me up. Egg on faces? Humble pie? Why? I'm sure there will be not a single fan gutted that we've made some quality signings by September 1st, and I doubt many will care happily admitting they were wrong, or underestimated the club.

Those who are concerned don't HATE the club you know, we care too, we're just not as blissfully optimistic as others.

Well those who said they wanted the club to lose so they could "teach the club a lesson" clearly do have a hatred of the club. Admitting you are wrong is pretty much the same as deserving a slice of humble pie.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Sounds rather having it both ways - have a whinge and a moan when things not going so well then it all seems OK so well done lads. It is more about PATIENCE, there is still 13 days to go in transfer window, 45 games to go in League. "concern" needs to be moderated in context. I am not 'blissfully optimistic", just don't have a clue what is going on, so happy to leave it to those who do. Judgement day is next May, not August.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

It's not about the suits though it's about us. We are the club, piss us off and we stop paying the high prices expected of us. It's now going beyond a joke.

I've been going for 40 years and oddly enough because of our the years gone by, the togetherness we supported the team, now however we expect more and frankly it's not happening. we're all expected to pay top whack but not getting the entertainment or expectation.

All very depressing and there's only one person to blame, he raised the expectation, enjoys his kids parading on the pitch etc but fans are asking questions. They need and deserve answers.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
It's not about the suits though it's about us. We are the club, piss us off and we stop paying the high prices expected of us. It's now going beyond a joke.

I've been going for 40 years and oddly enough because of our the years gone by, the togetherness we supported the team, now however we expect more and frankly it's not happening. we're all expected to pay top whack but not getting the entertainment or expectation.

All very depressing and there's only one person to blame, he raised the expectation, enjoys his kids parading on the pitch etc but fans are asking questions. They need and deserve answers.

Exactly this, however I don't really doubt TB'S words at the fans forum, I don't actually believe he is not trying but I honestly don't think that Burke and Barber are up to the job of attracting quality players to the club at a bargain price.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With current squad the chances of relegation are obviously high, TB is doing what he knows, gambling, if it comes off great, but the odds are not good.
At this stage of the window the remaining players fall into 3 categories, the unaffordable, the mercenary holding out for the best wage who will have no desire other than expanding his and his agents bank balance, and lastly those who nobody actually wants.
Before you all jump on me I'd like to point out that I'm still a fan and always will be, just I'm a little concerned that the suits who run our great club are gambling rather too heavily at the moment

Why 'obviously' high after a single 1:0 defeat ?

Which of your categories would Ward fall into if we sign him ?

Last edited:

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
High because I watch a lot of football, not just at the Amex, last year we were a little fortunate in that every time we slipped up so did the other teams around us, almost a case of " after you old chap"
Surely you must have noted that for every game we set up not to lose rather than try and win?
Have to admit Ward is a puzzling one, we all see he was proberbly our most dependable player last year and nobody has snapped him up yet. Can only think that we are not prepared to meet wolves asking price or he falls into category 2
Should add that hopefully it means he has his heart set on the Albion and won't consider other offers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here