Is it time for North Stand Protests ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not a frequent visitor to the Amex, but I can see the clubs dilemma. They cannot be seen to allow standing and so we should appreciate that. On the other hand , the stewards perhaps should be more consistent. Do they insist on everyone staying seated or removing them in a sold out away end of Leeds fans? I doubt it.

Some discussion is needed but the law must be respected.

Blue Goon

Sep 2, 2011
As people have pointed out there is no consistency as fans all over the country regularly stand and neither the clubs nor the authorities do anything about it.

Why has this suddenly become an issue. From where I sit I can see the usual number of people are standing up, apart from the latest confrontations no other anti social actions appear to be taking place.

If the club has decided to take firmer action against people who do stand perhaps they should have communicated this better and maybe before everybody renewed their season ticket. Everybody supports the team and wants to enjoy the matches.

There needs to be some communication from the club and some dialog with the fans. This is suppose to be a community stadium, so lets sort this out as a community, instead of alienating loyal fans.

Oct 25, 2003
Out of interest, why the back 4 rows? Why are they any different any seats anywhere else in the ground?

i agree with this....surely it should be universally allowed, or not allowed at all? if standing at football grounds is apparently some sort of cardinal sin, then surely NO-ONE should be allowed to.....what's the difference between 4 rows standing and 5 rows standing?

i think the club has cocked up a little here with being a bit wishy washy with their info, just from this thread you can see that some people were told 4 rows, some told 7, some 8 etc.

perhaps they were trying to be a bit hush hush wink wink with it all, but i really don't see why the back 4 rows standing isn't breaking the law, whereas anywhere else in the ground it is

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not a frequent visitor to the Amex, but I can see the clubs dilemma. They cannot be seen to allow standing and so we should appreciate that. On the other hand , the stewards perhaps should be more consistent. Do they insist on everyone staying seated or removing them in a sold out away end of Leeds fans? I doubt it.

Some discussion is needed but the law must be respected.

Not law. RULES :thumbsup:

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
'Man U fans have reduced away allocations because of persistant standing'. - Thus suggesting there is no punishment for Man Utd, only the side they are away to, which suffer from reduced ticket sales

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
this isnt enough rows though. they didnt expect to get this many people in the stadium in the first few seasons granted so IMO it's time for a change in the 'rule'.

ALL the north stand should be standing + the 2 new corners. The AWAY stand should be sitting and if this rule is broken by the whole stand so be it... evict them ALL!

But it is a privilege to have the four rows as it is, not a right.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

Won't let me edit on tapatalk for some reason but I will add that communication from the club would have been a good idea. How they do that though given they can't be seen to allow it is another question.

D

Deleted member 18477

No a privilege would be to have what Dortmund have! 25,000 fans standing! English fans used to be the best and loudest... Not anymore! Germans, Turkish etc are amazing!

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
the steward supervisors have also been told it's the back 8 rows too, apparantly, yet we were told back 4 at presentation.
which is a result as we could only get 6 from the back..
I was at one of the last presentations- and it was last 8 rows (Stewards would be laid back and you could have a good time and get a bit exhuberant) cos the first 4 rows (At the back) sold out so bleeding quick!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Its an all SEATER stadium for a reason (the clue is in the seats).

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
No a privilege would be to have what Dortmund have! 25,000 fans standing! English fans used to be the best and loudest... Not anymore! Germans, Turkish etc are amazing!

But we are not in Germany, I agree with safe standing.

It is not the clubs fault, the law is we MUST be seated, therefor turning a blind eye to a few rows at the back is a privalege.

They do not have to allow us, they are well within their rights to forces us all to sit down.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
The best atmosphere I've ever experienced at a sporting event was at the Olympics.

No one stood there.

It is a complete bogus and bs argument to suggest you can't have a decent atmosphere while sitting down.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Protest?

Bit ungrateful to Tony isn't it?

'Cheers Mr Bloom, thanks for the 120 million. Now I'm going to be a cock"

FFS.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can everyone just be happy we have a terrific new stadium.

Yes I stand, but get over it, if you are asked to sit, please, please, please just do it. In the next couple of minutes some little peice of skill and magic will happen and you will be standing.

Just enjoy what we have. Acting like a spoilt child will only get you and your mates in a heap of trouble, as the stewards are just doing their job,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports