Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

• Unconditionally yes

Votes: 164 38.4%
  • Yes, if he is replaced

Votes: 225 52.7%
  • No, he's worth keeping

Votes: 38 8.9%

• Total voters

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ordinary player, nothing has changed.
Misses more than he scores.

Reading back through this thread, the comments about Undav are laughable and completely wrong, which we saw at the end of the season, when he had a run of games.

Hope Maupay does okay at Brentford.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ordinary player, nothing has changed.
Misses more than he scores.

Reading back through this thread, the comments about Undav are laughable and completely wrong, which we saw at the end of the season, when he had a run of games.

Hope Maupay does okay at Brentford.
I (still) think you're a little harsh on Maupay. He wasn't an ordinary player for us, but was an ordinary finisher ("a scorer of great goals, not a great goalscorer" is a fair enough assessment). There's no way he'd get near our team now though, but I'd like him to be remembered as someone who helped to get us to where we are now.
Undav I completely agree. He's a brilliant finisher and, as sad to see him go out on loan, it shows that he wants to play as much football at as high a level that he can, and that's something to be applauded.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Guardian podcast last night was harsh but perhaps now very fair. He has missed more chances than seemingly any other player in recent history, and continues to do so. It’s ridiculous how he manages to find a keepers hand, a defenders leg or the wood work repeatedly when the goal is at his mercy. We saw it enough times, at Everton it’s even worse. It’s more than bad luck. It’s bad finishing. I feel for him because he’s an honest pro and likeable bloke. Maybe a drop down to Championship or lesser European league would do him the power of good. Wish him luck wherever, good servant for the Albion and scored some spectacular goals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I (still) think you're a little harsh on Maupay. He wasn't an ordinary player for us, but was an ordinary finisher ("a scorer of great goals, not a great goalscorer" is a fair enough assessment). There's no way he'd get near our team now though, but I'd like him to be remembered as someone who helped to get us to where we are now.
Undav I completely agree. He's a brilliant finisher and, as sad to see him go out on loan, it shows that he wants to play as much football at as high a level that he can, and that's something to be applauded.
I don’t agree, he really was.

I can’t deny he gave us great moments he did, but we were better when he was out the team. Sorry was never that impressed…. Still hope he does well though.

Undav, yes, never had any doubt, having watched him before he joined us. Way more natural.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hope he bangs in a hat trick against Everton then does the Adebayor celebration

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
As long as his goals don’t put Brentford above us…. Let’s be honest he will barely get a game once Ivan Toney is back playing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Confirmed he’s back at Brentford on loan and they’ve got an option to buy.

Good luck to him - carried our attack for a while. Had periods of when they went in, sadly followed by odd famines. Disaster club Everton no place to judge a player, made a good decision to link up with Frank

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maupay interviewed in his car and looks very happy. I think Brentford is the best place for him in the Prem, and I wish him well. I think he'll get 7 or 8 goals for them this season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maupay interviewed in his car and looks very happy. I think Brentford is the best place for him in the Prem, and I wish him well. I think he'll get 7 or 8 goals for them this season.
Yes agreed, it will feel like he is going home in his eyes. In true Albion style when former Albion stars come up up against us, a couple of those goals will be netted at the Amex.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Liked him with us and he certainly played a lot better for us than at Everton. We sold him at the right time it seems, for a good price too. I hope he does well at Brentford, aslong as it has no negative impact on us. edit - don't understand any hate towards him considering the Palace moment and others.
The ‘hate’ I presume would stem from the comments he made upon leaving us about his move to Everton being a ‘step up’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here