Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

• Unconditionally yes

Votes: 164 38.4%
  • Yes, if he is replaced

Votes: 225 52.7%
  • No, he's worth keeping

Votes: 38 8.9%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really cannot understand the love in some posters have with Maupay. Cant be bothered to relay the stats yet again but he was not even average; one that somehow escaped the Bloom stats analysis. Watkins was twice the price and 100 times more value.
I’m not sure he totally escaped the “stats analysis”. He certainly served a purpose at that time and, given the amount we sold him for, certainly provided value.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
He was great for us as a lower-mid PL team, but we started getting better and he didn't. Don't understand this need for some of our fans to write him off completely - he scored some very important goals for us and always tried hard.

I'm a bit sad for him that it's gone so badly at Everton, but they're really not a good fit for each other.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was great for us as a lower-mid PL team, but we started getting better and he didn't. Don't understand this need for some of our fans to write him off completely - he scored some very important goals for us and always tried hard.

I'm a bit sad for him that it's gone so badly at Everton, but they're really not a good fit for each other.
Agreed. I loved him mainly for his shithousery but he had a nice touch and scored some big goals. Seen far, far, far worse. Silly of him to leave imo but that grass is not often greener after the Albion in recent times…

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cucurella and a couple of others apart (Liam who?), I genuinely want to see our former players do well.

I didn’t rate Maupay, but he gave us great moments, worked very hard, wound up Zaha and Grealish…. Hope he finds a better fit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I liked him,.but he got upset when he was dropped from his place in the starting line up. Fairly natural behaviour really, although he perhaps would have stayed and fought for his place had Everton not come calling and offered relatively big money. That move at that price was a move that suited all parties.

I wasn't particularly upset to see him go but I don't really like seeing him struggle as he has done. It's not entirely his fault. That club is a basket case and he played for a team with a clueless chimp as manager. Dyche has made them better, but a) Maupay's confidence is now shot to bits and b) why is Dyche playing him as a target man? He can play as a focal point and bringing runners into play, but not by aiming high balls at him, which is what Everton are doing.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I really cannot understand the love in some posters have with Maupay. Cant be bothered to relay the stats yet again but he was not even average; one that somehow escaped the Bloom stats analysis. Watkins was twice the price and 100 times more value.
Scored some big goals for us but missed a hatful of great chances- needed loads of chances to take one

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agreed. I loved him mainly for his shithousery but he had a nice touch and scored some big goals. Seen far, far, far worse. Silly of him to leave imo but that grass is not often greener after the Albion in recent times…
To be fair, he wasn't to know Everton would sack England's most exciting new manager and replace him with England's greatest exponent of getting stuck in and hoofing it to a striker typically a foot taller than his bon petit self.

Jimmy Grimble

His miss yesterday where he was through and ended up getting clattered is a great summary of the player - he waited a fraction too long to shoot and in the PL that fraction is the difference wherever you are on the pitch.
And in that fraction he tried to do something clever (chip the keeper), which in fairness would have been a good idea had he executed it well. Typical Maupay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here