[Albion] Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

• Unconditionally yes

Votes: 164 38.4%
  • Yes, if he is replaced

Votes: 225 52.7%
  • No, he's worth keeping

Votes: 38 8.9%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
To be fair, if you're battling around the relegation places like Everton, he's not a bad signing. He'll give his all, miss some sitters, score some worldies as he proved for us when we used to be battling down there :wink:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
To be fair, if you're battling around the relegation places like Everton, he's not a bad signing. He'll give his all, miss some sitters, score some worldies as he proved for us when we used to be battling down there :wink:
He has now scored one goal in his last 28 PL appearances. Everton fans absolutely loathe him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He has now scored one goal in his last 28 PL appearances. Everton fans absolutely loathe him.
I think you'll find I voted unconditionally yes, but I do like the t-shirt :wink:

maupay.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well it's true that he has missed sitters, but only one goal scored in 17 appearances, and even that wasn't a worldie.

Easy to say in hindsight, but yes we were right to sell him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I really feel that I'm wasted on a forum which can't even manage a 'hint of sarcasm' emoji :shrug:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Theres still plenty of life left in him though. Never gonna hit the heights in the PL, but he could still score a bag load back in the Championship imho.

If Everton went down, DCL would be off and Maupay would be class in the lower div

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Theres still plenty of life left in him though. Never gonna hit the heights in the PL, but he could still score a bag load back in the Championship imho
Possibly. A big problem is he is being played as a lone striker (backup for Calvert-Lewin) in a very direct style of football. It’s just not his game at all, so without a change of scenery/tactics plus a return of confidence he may even struggle in the Championship.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In the last three seasons Maupay was our top scorer in the Premier League. Well over half way through this season and Undav hasn’t scored a PL goal. No offence but no matter what you ‘think’ he’s clearly and statistically not an improvement on what we had.
We have spent/wasted £23m on crap strikers who have managed one PL league goal between them the scorer was Percy Tau.
All the 6m 3m 4m punts quickly add up to an amount you could have bid for a striker with more pedigree.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In the last three seasons Maupay was our top scorer in the Premier League. Well over half way through this season and Undav hasn’t scored a PL goal. No offence but no matter what you ‘think’ he’s clearly and statistically not an improvement on what we had.
Maupay started a lot more games than Undav, who hasn’t been given a consistent run. For me Undav has a much better touch and holds the ball up more. Maupay was a poor finisher, and by the looks of it nothing has changed, however he gave us some memorable moments.

All opinions….. Probably neither is the answer if we are to progress, but fair to say in the last two seasons we’ve looked better without Maupay in the team.

Edit - I would also add that statistically Emile Heskey was poor, but his England caps suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think he would fit in quite well at Chelsea at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports