[Albion] Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

• Unconditionally yes

Votes: 164 38.4%
  • Yes, if he is replaced

Votes: 225 52.7%
  • No, he's worth keeping

Votes: 38 8.9%

• Total voters

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Let me put it another way the signing was not an improvement on what we already had so why sign him? The past is the past.
You’re not very clever, are you?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That depends how you define clever I can list a host of things I’m an expert at that you probably aren’t.
Passing exams in my chosen field with distinction some might say I’m clever. I wouldn’t say attempting to insult someone’s intelligence on an internet message board is particularly showing a high level of cleverness.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Let me put it another way the signing was not an improvement on what we already had so why sign him? The past is the past.

Let me put it another way, with Maupay we had a player pretty much guaranteed to get us ~8 goals per season but also miss a lot of chances. With Undav, we signed a player we were hoping could improve on that.

Whether that happens or not is to be seen, but you can see the club's logic.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Hmmm Undav or Maupay ??? Not sure , time will tell. But I wonder if we could snaffle Nathan Tella off Southampton when he returns from Burnley, Looks good.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well I guess all this is irrelevant now Ferguson is fit again. Third choice forward who probably won’t be with us after the summer.
Absolutely no chance Ferguson will play 90 mins once or twice a week until the end of the season, even without injury. That would be reckless with a developing 18 year old. Welbeck currently injured isn’t he….so even now Undav is likely to get game time.

Can understand the fan’s jury being out at the moment even if Roberto seems to like him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Absolutely no chance Ferguson will play 90 mins once or twice a week until the end of the season, even without injury. That would be reckless with a developing 18 year old. Welbeck currently injured isn’t he….so even now Undav is likely to get game time.

Can understand the fan’s jury being out at the moment even if Roberto seems to like him.
Absolutely this, playing him week in week out would be madness. At 18 hes is still very much a work in progress and is still learning the game.

Doing well at the moment, scoring goals , showing oodles of promise, but promise is all it is. A lack of consistency is a common trait with young players, and he could very easily go on a spell when the goals won't come.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Would love to see him start all Amex games at least. We don’t do away games, but not just that, having a great home record is brilliant for any fanbase.

Imho already we’re better when Ferguson starts. 4-5-1 my preference.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My idea of EF starting every home EPL game, less a few missed through injuries, would mean Ferguson starting say just 15 games a season. That’s not a big work load, especially as he’s clearly mature for his age.
Work load is calculated on training as well though…..has to be overall load, not just games.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Work load is calculated on training as well though…..has to be overall load, not just games.
Then shirley training would take into account his youth too. They wouldn’t work him hard in training, then rest him every EPL game due to his age when, crucially, he’s proven already he’s the EPL dogs bollocks.

Players develop at totally different rates. Ferguson and Bajcetic as examples, appear to be in the grouping that were ready age 18 and 19, as were several EPL stars. Others were slow burners, often spending seasons in the Championship on loan.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Then shirley training would take into account his youth too. They wouldn’t work him hard in training, then rest him every EPL game due to his age when, crucially, he’s proven already he’s the EPL dogs bollocks.

Players develop at totally different rates. Ferguson and Bajcetic as examples, appear to be in the grouping that were ready age 18 and 19, as were several EPL stars. Others were slow burners, often spending seasons in the Championship on loan.
Yep, very individualised plans.……..delicate balance between doing what’s needed in training (he isn’t the dogs yet, needs to do a lot of work to be the best he can be and move to Chelsea for 150m), game time and rest/recovery/physical development.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, very individualised plans.……..delicate balance between doing what’s needed in training (he isn’t the dogs yet, needs to do a lot of work to be the best he can be and move to Chelsea for 150m), game time and rest/recovery/physical development.
Rubbish, Evan should start for England in their next senior games :lolol:.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Poor bloke. Keeper made a great save to deny him, whilst he finished lamely for another when should scored. Sounds like Neal to me! Overhead from 50yds out however, he’s your man!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports