Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

• Unconditionally yes

Votes: 164 38.4%
  • Yes, if he is replaced

Votes: 225 52.7%
  • No, he's worth keeping

Votes: 38 8.9%

• Total voters

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Everton will want rid of him in the summer, they've already realised the mistake in signing him, but Neal will be in no rush. It will all depend what offers come in, and if any excite him. If not sit back and collect your money. Wonder if he's at all thinking he should have pushed to stay with us and fight for his place/new contract. Probably not.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I thought from his very brief introduction last night he got Everton back up the pitch and should have been on before Gray who did absolutely nothing.
Would have offered more that Undav Saturday who is painfully shite.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Poor guy is really on the scrapheap by PL standards, no idea where he goes from here.
Can see him doing reasonably well in the Championship (which might mean Everton), or perhaps the French league, if any clubs can meet his salary demands. But I'd be surprised if we see him in the Prem next year.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I thought from his very brief introduction last night he got Everton back up the pitch and should have been on before Gray who did absolutely nothing.
Incredibly harsh on Undav. There is a player in there, I think he will come good. If not for us, then for somebody else.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I saw someone in one of the threads compare Undav with Baldock. At the moment, I think that looks right.

Neither good enough for us whilst they were at the club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Everton go down I think they will sell DCL and go with Simms, McNeil and Maupay in a Brentford- style BMW strike force.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I saw someone in one of the threads compare Undav with Baldock. At the moment, I think that looks right.

Neither good enough for us whilst they were at the club.
Baldrick was a really good Championship player for us.

From what I've seen so far of Undav, he's that level too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Painfully shite" is a ludicrous assessment. How long have you been following this club? In fact, it doesn't even need to be that long to remember some of the crap we've been served up. Undav is worth 20 Locadias, who cost 4 times as much!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Bit harsh. I think you will find they were just signing off their post.

Regards
Confused
The snide comments about Everton being a step up sat well with you too?

As per post 56 on this thread I was quite pragmatic and knew it would open the path for Evan, but since Neal has left and he's no longer our snide wanker I don't wish him well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Couldn’t disagree more.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Couldn’t disagree more.
"Painfully shite" is a ludicrous assessment. How long have you been following this club? In fact, it doesn't even need to be that long to remember some of the crap we've been served up. Undav is worth 20 Locadias, who cost 4 times as much!
Let me put it another way the signing was not an improvement on what we already had so why sign him? The past is the past.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
The snide comments about Everton being a step up sat well with you too?

As per post 56 on this thread I was quite pragmatic and knew it would open the path for Evan, but since Neal has left and he's no longer our snide wanker I don't wish him well.
A footballer joins a new team after being pretty much forced out of his old team and he says nice things about his new team. Does this upset me? Not in the least, I'm not that sensitive and far more grateful for all the good times he gave us.

He wasn't able to get in the team towards the end of his time here so him leaving was good for all concerned. Calling him a wanker is disgracefully ungrateful and stupid. Such words should be used for the real tossers in this world like Cucu.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
A footballer joins a new team after being pretty much forced out of his old team and he says nice things about his new team. Does this upset me? Not in the least, I'm not that sensitive and far more grateful for all the good times he gave us.
He lacked respect for me and couldn't resist a bit of a dig, so it's easy to pay him the same. He also highlighted our finishing 16th in the previous season, without the self awareness to realise he may have had something to do with this.. his glaring misses being a primary factor.

He's history and thankfully so.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let me put it another way the signing was not an improvement on what we already had so why sign him? The past is the past.
Do you still not understand how this club does its business?

He cost £4m, we loaned him to USG where he scored loads. He's come back in, he's not quite been up to the step up, but the jury is still out that he might yet come good. But he absolutely is not "painfully shite". I'll continue to back the club over this sort of signing because some of them DO come good. You might note that we have at least 2 world class midfielders, neither of whom were particularly expensive.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Do you still not understand how this club does its business?

He cost £4m, we loaned him to USG where he scored loads. He's come back in, he's not quite been up to the step up, but the jury is still out that he might yet come good. But he absolutely is not "painfully shite". I'll continue to back the club over this sort of signing because some of them DO come good. You might note that we have at least 2 world class midfielders, neither of whom were particularly expensive.
No we didn’t he was signed by Union we signed for £8m you are thinking of Mitoma

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here