[Albion] Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

• Unconditionally yes

Votes: 164 38.4%
  • Yes, if he is replaced

Votes: 225 52.7%
  • No, he's worth keeping

Votes: 38 8.9%

• Total voters

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
There’s a time to sign and a time to release players. Neal did a good job for us , led the attack and most of the time had a good attitude. Now though, it is clear he needs a change . He has not looked happy for some time. A moping Maupay is no good to anyone. I wish him well .

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Unconditionally yes.
He’s done well for us and I loved his attitude, but he was given the option - we weren’t getting rid. I hope he does well at Everton…… except against us.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Sell and replace.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It’s the right time to sell, and he won’t be missed based on the stats since his last start for us (0-0 v Norwich): we’ve played 12, won 8, drawn 3 and lost 1. He had a positive impact in the West Ham home game, but apart from that has barely featured.

Welbeck looks far fitter than he ever has and we have a like-for-like replacement, so throwing away the chance of that 15m fee and paying him 40-50K a week to sit on the bench would be daft. Let’s not forget that we played a few games last year with no recognised striker, so I don’t think we need him. It’s a good move for all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The "step up" hasn't really worked out that well, has it? Chucked on for the last 10 minutes with Everton 2-0 down...

Also, quite funny reading some of the comments on this thread. I know hindsight blah, blah, blah, but why don't fans trust the people who know these players best?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
The "step up" hasn't really worked out that well, has it? Chucked on for the last 10 minutes with Everton 2-0 down...

Also, quite funny reading some of the comments on this thread. I know hindsight blah, blah, blah, but why don't fans trust the people who know these players best?
well exactly that, it's not a binary "they're great, let's keep them" or "they're shit, let's get rid".

even if he had started scoring goals for Everton, there's no guarantee that would've happened here. take Gyokeres for example. who's to say that he wouldn't have failed here? maybe the change of scenery was what was required to get him firing.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
well exactly that, it's not a binary "they're great, let's keep them" or "they're shit, let's get rid".

even if he had started scoring goals for Everton, there's no guarantee that would've happened here. take Gyokeres for example. who's to say that he wouldn't have failed here? maybe the change of scenery was what was required to get him firing.

He’s struggled more for Everton than I expected him to. He was good for us though. He’d miss the sitters, but banged in some absolutely incredible goals for us across the seasons.

I wish him well, but it doesn’t look like it’s working out at Everton for him.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
He’s struggled more for Everton than I expected him to. He was good for us though. He’d miss the sitters, but banged in some absolutely incredible goals for us across the seasons.

I wish him well, but it doesn’t look like it’s working out at Everton for him.
to be honest I kinda expected it. when he was at his worst for us, it was when he was leading the line on his own and we were struggling creatively. he's a hard worker, who's role should be to harras defenders and look for little half-yards of space. Everton needed a clinical, proper no.9, which isn't him

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Two more years on a PL contract, I don't think he will be leaving Everton.
Agree, and I think he’ll bag 10-15 easily in the Championship. His only “out” to stay in the PL would be a likely pay cut to sign with one of the new boys. I can somehow see him in a Burnley shirt.

I think he’ll still be there this time next year, that’s my gut feeling

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Abysmal ratings for Neal for his showing from the bench tonight.

Plus ça change, c'est la vie. Wanker
Would that be the wanker who last season singlefootedly got us valuable points against Southampton, West Han and of course palace.
The self same points that got us to ninth.
More importantly still, scored the goal that has kept this place pretty much palace free for a year.

Is that the wanker you're on about, or another wanker?

Last edited:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Would that be the wanker who last season singlefootedly got us valuable points against Southampton, West Han and of course palace.
More importantly still, scored the goal that has kept this place pretty much palace free for a year.

Bit harsh. I think you will find they were just signing off their post.

Regards
Confused

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Yes, you've got him. Important to remember the good too, of course. Along with the bad, and ugly.

The snide comments about Everton being a step up sat well with you?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports