Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

• Unconditionally yes

Votes: 164 38.4%
  • Yes, if he is replaced

Votes: 225 52.7%
  • No, he's worth keeping

Votes: 38 8.9%

• Total voters

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Not unless we've got a nailed on Premier League ready replacement. And whilst Undav and Ferguson may become that, not sure they are just yet. So at the moment it's a no from me, but that might change come January.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Apparently there's a delay , he missed his medical.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It does seem to appear his time is up with us and I'd rather see us bag £15m rather than he rarely feature this season then go for nothing in 9 months time.

I know not everyone rates him but for the figures being suggested for Ben Bereton Diaz of £12m to £15m I'd certainly take him as a replacement for Maups. Younger, quicker, taller, and a decent record in the Championship. Not a huge gamble if the fee for Maups would cover his signing IMO.

Sinister Melon

Jun 15, 2022
With one year left on his contract this depends entirely on whether he is willing to sign a new one for me. Would like to keep him if he is, but he probably won't score enough goals this season to make it worth losing him on a free next summer

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Oops. Was for DJ Nobo

I didn’t say it was necessarily a good idea I said I could see it happening now they have your man coming in .
That was before I knew Wilson was injured tbf.
As it happens wood wouldn’t be a bad shout imo as a temp back up to welbeck. Similarish

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Welbeck does his knee tomorrow we’re going to look like right muppets, no real objection to the sale but has to be replaced, and not from the kids

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m not that comfortable with it really. This season was about improving and kicking on and I wonder where we find at least the 8-10 goals Maupay bought to the team reliably just to stand still.

Good player who gave his all for us. In Welbeck & Undav we trust

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What's the option for 'I really don't know?' I still believe that he will get better and at age 28 /29 be a top top striker. But for that to have been realised with us would have required Potter to pick him as first choice right now in order for him to sign a new contract. And there's no way we should be asking Potter to pick a team he doesn't want to. So I guess there is no choice but to sell him, for business sense and to be fair to Neal. There will be regrets every time he scores and this thread is bounced, but if he fits Everton better than he fits us then good luck to the lad I say.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I'm looking forward to seeing more of Ferguson personally rather than Neal so I'm not concerned

Hoping Welbeck's fitness will continue to be managed effectively of course

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I never thought a club as big as Everton would be paying Brighton millions for a player who is surplus for requirement here.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I'm not sure I buy the argument that he's no longer good enough for us. I suspect the transfer is more about personality than ability. Just hope we don't regret it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here