Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

• Unconditionally yes

Votes: 164 38.4%
  • Yes, if he is replaced

Votes: 225 52.7%
  • No, he's worth keeping

Votes: 38 8.9%

• Total voters

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
It makes sense for all the business reasons that others have quoted. He has however been an important part of our relative success and I have loved watching him. 2 great finishes at Selhurst, huge goals last season to get us important draws, and assists and sh*thousery all the way. For me, the goals he has scored need to be replaced and whilst I accept Welbeck/Undav may yet do that, or our midfielders will continue to pop in the goals, a replacement would be make me feel far more comfortable that we have benefitted financially (or not lost) and are not weakened as a result..

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Strange answer but it depends which Maupay we sell.

I won't miss the one who takes penalties, storms off down the tunnel, misses chances you'd expect a non league player to tuck away (the one last year to Leeds sticks in the mind) and acts like someone who could start an argument in an empty room.

I'll miss the one scoring overhead kicks at West Ham, winding up the Arsenal lads in the pandemic and scoring last minute equalisers at Palace.

If I had to bet, I reckon Everton will get option 1. It seems to be a home for players on the downgrade.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Really ? Who cares. He wouldn’t be our player. He needs to show respect to Everton and their fans. Not us.

GB said he can imagine him scoring and celebrating in front of the north stand, I said that probably won't happen based on his non-celebration against Bentford. The word 'expect' is used due to previous behaviour, not because I'd be overly arsed if he did celebrate

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Haven't voted, because I don't quite fit into the 3 options.
We probably should sell him if we can get £15m for him, with one year left on his contract.
[MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] has said that it hasn't worked out for him. I think it has, and agree with Swanny that his contribution to us over the past three years has been immense. I'll be sad to see him go, because I like him. So it's not an unconditional yes.
But selling him isn't dependent on getting a replacement in either, certainly not this window. After tomorrow, there's only c14 games until the window opens again. I think we've got sufficient resources up-front to see us through that -- aided by our brilliant manager's tactical flexibility.
But, yes, I'm looking forward to some new additions at some point. We'll need to strengthen the squad because whether certain players start next season is up in the air -- I'm thinking of Caicedo, Trossard, Sanchez and Mac Allister especially.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
GB said he can imagine him scoring and celebrating in front of the north stand, I said that probably won't happen based on his non-celebration against Bentford. The word 'expect' is used due to previous behaviour, not because I'd be overly arsed if he did celebrate

Fair enough. I couldn’t care less either. I only support the 11 on the pitch playing in our colours.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If we have a replacement in mind, can somebody ensure he can hit the barn door this time.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anyone want a t-shirt going half price :(

maupay.jpg

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Don’t want him to go. I can understand him wanting to play regularly, and if he won’t sign a new contract then so be it, but to me we’d still be better off keeping him for the season and letting him go for free once we know Undav/Ferguson are capable at the top level.

Just a bit too much risk in this decision for my tastes. If he goes, I for one will miss him.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If Maupay feels he needs to move on then why keep him for another year. If we get an offer that Bloom thinks is worth considering then so be it. He isn't likely to start many games when everyone is available and we've spent most seasons thinking we need another striker, with Undav in we have cover plus Mitoma & Enciso offer some variety in attack

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Always appreciated the graft he put in,but there are only so many sitters you can miss before it is untenable.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'll miss his shithousery but if we're going to be a fixture in the top 10 and have aspirations of European footy, we need better.

Having seen Ferguson again on Wed, I think we might be about to witness his breakout season this year. H'es probably not the answer short term - so I'd love to see another striker come in - but a sever in recent years, exciting times at the Albion.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I can see why we have taken the money now, although it puts a lot of faith in the medical team fixing Welbeck's injury, or Undav is looking sharp in training.

Can't believe everyone is forgetting we still have Andone here if it goes sideways........oh.

I guess with Zeqiri, Sima, Adringa (and Connolly), all out on loan, the hope is that one of them comes good and we have our replacement until hopefully Ferguson is ready to step up or we will go back to the transfer market to get another forward, maybe go big on Toney or something.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
We definitely need a replacement. Wellbeck will be out injured soon, Undav definitely not near good enough for Premiership yet and Ferguson still a boy. Gonna be hard to score goals soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here