Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

• Unconditionally yes

Votes: 164 38.4%
  • Yes, if he is replaced

Votes: 225 52.7%
  • No, he's worth keeping

Votes: 38 8.9%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sell - no.
Replace - probably.
Sad to see him leave - yes.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
There's nothing ever wrong with selling a player who isn't in the first team and rarely coming off the bench? And tbf isn't being missed. Also when the fee is very good, in comparison to cost and length of remaining contract. Whether that's Maupay or anyone. So, yes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Better sell him now than let him go for free next summer, or for peanuts in January.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I love Neal Maupay.

But £15m or so for a presumably want-away reserve player with one year left on the contract (which obviously neither him or the club have any intentions of extending)... its a no brainer.

Wishing him all the best. Not sure Brighton would have been a PL team currently if it wasnt for his contributions in rough times.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's almost impossible to answer sensibly isn't it? We just don't know the ins and outs of the situation. All I'll say is that I liked him when he was here, it's a shame it hasn't worked out, but we can't keep a player at the club if the situation was beyond repair.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Wouldn't be inclined to sell our top goalscorer when the alternatives are Welbeck (prone to injury) Undav,(unknown quantity) and Ferguson,( showing promise but total lack of first team experience).

I'm just concerned Undav won't match Maupay's tally if he played every game which he won't whilst Welbeck is fit, it's a nice problem to have if you're bringing in a better replacement but who knows if that's going to pan out.

It's a no from me, I'll miss Maupay and his skill at winding up the opposition on match day was highly enjoyable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I love Neal Maupay.

But £15m or so for a presumably want-away reserve player with one year left on the contract (which obviously neither him or the club have any intentions of extending)... its a no brainer.

Wishing him all the best. Not sure Brighton would have been a PL team currently if it wasnt for his contributions in rough times.

This. Spot on this time Swanny.

My only addition is that I would have been slightly more comfortable if he'd gone to Italy instead of a divisional rival. I can see him scoring for them against us and shithousing the north stand, but with a more strategic hat on I think he's going to improve a rival who were heading down hill.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sell him. It’s decent money and we’ve moved on.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed Chris Wood on loan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

My only addition is that I would have been slightly more comfortable if he'd gone to Italy instead of a divisional rival. I can see him scoring for them against us and shithousing the north stand, but with a more strategic hat on I think he's going to improve a rival who were heading down hill.

TBH I'd enjoy it more if he did shitehouse us.

The thought of Maupay jogging back to the centre spot would be a bit too much 'Randle McMurphy' for my liking.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Sad to see him go, some great memories, but also, a LOT of sitters.

When we play him, we might as well assume we're one down already. He WILL score against us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sell him. It’s decent money and we’ve moved on.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed Chris Wood on loan.

Or Ashley Barnes.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

well at the very least if he scored against us, I'd expect him not to celebrate, as was the case when he scored against brentford last season

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Just seen the Palace goal pop up on twitter....DON'T GO NEAL!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here