Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it possible to just stop fancying someone?

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Absolutely - i used to well fancy Cat Deeley when she was on that Saturday breakfast show with Ant and Dec but these days I could take it or leave it.

(Of course if she turned up at my house and knocked on the door now that's an entirely different matter!)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yep absolutely, once you get past the physical attraction and get to know someone i can stop fancying them very quickly if there not up to scratch...

1066gull

:lolol:

I am fed up with helping other peoples relationships etc, when I can't help my own. :D :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There's a long-distance train rolling through the rain, tears on the letter I write.
There's a woman I long to touch and I miss her so much but she's drifting like a satellite.
There's a neon light ablaze in this green smoky haze, laughter down on Elizabeth Street.
And a lonesome bell tone in that valley of stone where she bathed in a stream of pure heat.
Her father would emphasize you got to be more than street-wise but he practiced what he preached from the heart.
A full-blooded Cherokee, he predicted to me the time and the place that the trouble would start. (or the time and the date that we would part)
There's a babe in the arms of a woman in a rage
And a longtime golden-haired stripper onstage
And she winds back the clock and she turns back the page
Of a book that no one can write.
Oh, where are you tonight?
The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure, to live it you have to explode.
In that last hour of need, we entirely agreed, sacrifice was the code of the road.
I left town at dawn, with Marcel and St. John, strong men belittled by doubt.
I couldn't tell her what my private thoughts were but she had some way of finding them out.
He took dead-center aim but he missed just the same, she was waiting, putting flowers on the shelf.
She could feel my despair as I climbed up her hair and discovered her invisible self.
There's a lion in the road, there's a demon escaped,
There's a million dreams gone, there's a landscape being raped,
As her beauty fades and I watch her undrape,
I won't, but then again, maybe I might.
Oh, if I could just find you tonight.
I fought with my twin, that enemy within, 'til both of us fell by the way.
Horseplay and disease is killing me by degrees while the law looks the other way.
Your partners in crime hit me up for nickels and dimes, the guy you were lovin' couldn't stay clean.
It felt outa place, my foot in his face, but he should-a stayed where his money was green.
I bit into the root of forbidden fruit with the juice running down my leg.
Then I dealt with your boss, who'd never known about loss and who always was too proud to beg.
There's a white diamond gloom on the dark side of this room and a pathway that leads up to the stars.
If you don't believe there's a price for this sweet paradise, remind me to show you the scars.
There's a new day at dawn and I've finally arrived.
If I'm there in the morning, baby, you'll know I've survived.
I can't believe it, I can't believe I'm alive,
But without you it just doesn't seem right.
Oh, where are you tonight?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
bailey said:
Absolutely - i used to well fancy Cat Deeley when she was on that Saturday breakfast show with Ant and Dec but these days I could take it or leave it.

(Of course if she turned up at my house and knocked on the door now that's an entirely different matter!)

Ive met Kat Deeley, shes WELL hairy up close

quite nasty really !!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I did not think that I could stop fancying someone, but since Easy 10 took the restraining order out on me my affection for him is starting to wane.......slowly.

I still think of the nights when he wore the ticket inspector's outfit and did his impressions of Blakey from 'On the Buses' and wish they could return though.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
linda_gull said:
No. I used to go out with someone. We split up a few weeks ago. I saw him last night and just didn't fancy him.

Did you think "Minger!" or just didn't fancy him?

I once met up with an ex-girlfriend and she was the size of an elephant and I thought "how the hell did i used to fancy you". Love's a strange thing huh?

D

Deleted User X18H

Marshy said:
Yep absolutely, once you get past the physical attraction and get to know someone i can stop fancying them very quickly if there not up to scratch...
What did attract your wife to the 'record premium bond winner Mr Marsh'

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
bailey said:

me too. then she porked out and developed that strange mouth....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes it is, however you need the ability to be rather shallow with my method. Fortunately I have hidden shallows, that are hard to believe at times.

Simply find something about their looks, that you DON'T fancy, and simply concentrate on that. Keep looking at that, always think of that when you think of them, and before you know it you've stopped fancying them.

To take it a step further, you could find a feeble connection between them and simeone completely unfanciable, such as they wear the same coat or something, and keep thinking of them as this other unfanciable person. Again, you get over it pretty quickly.

The shallow bit is this person may be very hot, and you may have to concentrate on something incredibly minor, but it's always worked for me.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
used to be after this girl & fancy her like mad until one drunken night out and she was sick all over the bus.

stoped chasing her after that

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
linda_gull said:
No. I used to go out with someone. We split up a few weeks ago. I saw him last night and just didn't fancy him.

You didn't split up for nothing so the reason has obviously turned you off. Was he no good in bed ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here