Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it possible for the Amex to be Extended more

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If they reduced the size of the pitch you could get a couple of thousand more in around the edges, kneeling down.

Is kneeling permitted under the requirements of the Taylor Report, do we know?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If we were in the Prem we could quite easily fill 40,000 seat Amex 50% of the time (using the current attendance methodology). I always thought the one missed trick re the Anmex was the omission of a much larger North stand. I'm sure the current North stand could be extended and the offices, Police control box etc relocated ( eg offices could go to new training ground, police box to South stand) but I recall on a previous thread on this issue that someone said there would be significant structural issues and I suspect the cost would be pretty exorbitant.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Maybe we could do what the charter airlines do with widebody aircraft and put in narrower seats? I know it may be rather uncomfortable but each row of 25 seats could surely fit 30?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I think the real answer is maybe a little bit. Squeezing the seats closer together is one realistic option and adding some kind of upper tier to the north in place of the offices perhaps an unrealistic option. Other than that I think we are done.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They said it couldn't when originally built at 22.5k so that's pretty meaningless.

Did they? When we got our season ticket presentation it was pointed out by how much they could extend by filling in the corners and the East Upper but that they couldn't go higher in the east as the two arches support the whole roof so you would need to remove the whole of the roof around the stadium which makes the cost very prohibitive. Whether that would change if we went up a league and continually sold out, well we'll just have to wait and see.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Honestly, today in the corners level with the east upper where it has the American Express community stadium ad. That's where they can put extra seats. Extend it out like the west.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe we could do what the charter airlines do with widebody aircraft and put in narrower seats? I know it may be rather uncomfortable but each row of 25 seats could surely fit 30?

This can't really be done because the number of exit staircases would have to be increased ( to meet regulations ) if the capacity increases in existing stands.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Most likely is a small capacity upper tier in the North, possibly boxes mirroring the South stand. This would increase the capacity by a couple of hundred?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We'll be able to get another couple of thousands or so in when they take the seats out the North, extend the concourse and make it a 5,000 all standing kop.

#bestthingthatcouldeverhappenever

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Without massive structural changes then there isn't much room for an increase. But i think it would be perfectly possibly to add 1000 to 1500 more seats with a small tier above the north stand (similar to the south) and a bit of a re-design in the north east and south east corners. If we did make these small changes and take the capacity up to say 33,000 then thats probably all we would need.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Pretty sure the police box could not be moved as all of the CCTV wiring would go back to that area and would it would be a massive amount of work to re-wire the cameras. Obviously not the only thing but just made me think

edit - unless camera are IP Cameras. (Internet cameras no need for wiring to one location

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Bit discriminatory against Muslims, surely?
What about Sikhs?

What about Atheists?

[Edit: for the avoidance of doubt... :smile: why is there not an "only joking" smiley?]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here