Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it possible for a military coalition to defeat Isis.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I dont think that is the correct word to be using
not going to disagree that there are indeed mistakes and accidents but i dont think the coalition bombs Syria or Iraq indiscriminately(given its meaning)

i read somewhere that of all the coalition bombing sorties undertaken maybe only 1/5th result,(after weighing up all the final options presented,) in releasing any sort of firepower

I'm sure that them being 'mistakes and accidents' is of great comfort to those civilians killed by coalition bombs daily..

Anyway I don't really want to get into that debate, it's been done to death. The point I'm trying to convey in this thread is talking of defeating IS is simplistic unless it takes into account it's funding and the source of the spread of Wahhabism.

Without the support of The Gulf States and other middle eastern powers and a plan for long term stability in the region it's just boosting the already swollen share prices of arms manufacturers and a bit of target practice. Getting Russia and China bought into the solution would be mightily handy as well.

The one thing we should have learnt in the 14 years of disasterious foreign policy since 9/11, is that reactionary, non inclusive policy has been uniformly awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here