Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it just me?

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Is it just me or does anyone else think that there are a few select players in our squad who aren't cut out for the championship? I speak specificaly about Barnes, Painter and Harley. They don't have a good work rate and when they do play they contribute very little to the game.
It still continues to astound me that Poyet won't put LuaLua on, i mean on saturday we were 2-0 down and instead he brings on barnes and sparrow. i'm confused

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Is it just me or does anyone else think that there are a few select players in our squad who aren't cut out for the championship? I speak specificaly about Barnes, Painter and Harley. They don't have a good work rate and when they do play they contribute very little to the game.
It still continues to astound me that Poyet won't put LuaLua on, i mean on saturday we were 2-0 down and instead he brings on barnes and sparrow. i'm confused

I'm sorry but whatever you may think of Painter you surely can't accuse him of not having a good work rate!

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
I'm sorry but whatever you may think of Painter you surely can't accuse him of not having a good work rate!
Actually I can accuse him of precisely that. His work rate is terrible, he gives the ball away constantly and is always out of position. He never puts in a decent tackle and leaves spaces which Dunk ends up having to cover. He has an appauling work rate end of. rant over.

D

Deleted member 18477

not another one. we've had thread after thread on this shit. we all know some of our players arent quite good enough at this level and are being carried along the way by others so all we can do is support them. and that goes for me to with Ankergren. If Gus sticks him between the posts this Saturday i hope he proves me wrong and has a storming game!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Having not seen the game against Soton I cannot comment on Painter's ability or work rate, but I must admit we looked more assured on the left with Tanno there against Barnsley, than we have done all season with Painter. Just my tuppenceworth

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Having not seen the game against Soton I cannot comment on Painter's ability or work rate, but I must admit we looked more assured on the left with Tanno there against Barnsley, than we have done all season with Painter. Just my tuppenceworth

You're spot on with that mate, great opinion, Taricco has been amazing at left back :)

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Actually I can accuse him of precisely that. His work rate is terrible, he gives the ball away constantly and is always out of position. He never puts in a decent tackle and leaves spaces which Dunk ends up having to cover. He has an appauling work rate end of. rant over.

Obviously it is all about opinions and I respect yours, but in every game I have seen him play, Painter has always put a shift in. Yes, he may not be Roberto Carlos in terms of technique but defensively he is more than competent.

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Obviously it is all about opinions and I respect yours, but in every game I have seen him play, Painter has always put a shift in. Yes, he may not be Roberto Carlos in terms of technique but defensively he is more than competent.

I too respect your opinion, but I just feel that we would be so much better off with Taricco or even vinclet in left back position. I honestly hope Painter proves me wrong but thats my view

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Don't have a problem with Painters workrate but do feel his lack of pace is costing us in the Championship. He got skinned at Ipswich, Watford and Soton and then resorts to fouls. This also drags our wide man back to help him out whereas last season Painter was under less pressure because we were on the front foot more often.

He has been good for us but we need to move on.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Painter doesn't have a good work rate, or do you mean Paynter? I'm not sure Painter is a long term first place LB going forward as well but to say he lacks work rate is barmy. Barnes our top goalscorer not good enough? He's not a very good winger that's for sure, a pitty Gus keeps playing him there.

The problem isn't individuals, we are as a team, simply far too light weight in midfield and haven't had available the players within our squad that can create something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here