Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it just me who finds this stupid?

why are they swapping shirts? they need to grow up we are in the championship not league 2 or below.

Cheeesus!! Think ffs.

Many of these players grew up watching Liverpool, and they respect quality players.

EVEN if they DIDN'T, who is going to skip the opportunity to snag something they could flog on eBay for hundreds? Do you expect them to go around nicking signs off bog doors as souvinirs?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cheeesus!! Think ffs.

Many of these players grew up watching Liverpool, and they respect quality players.

EVEN if they DIDN'T, who is going to skip the opportunity to snag something they could flog on eBay for hundreds? Do you expect them to go around nicking signs off bog doors as souvinirs?

Quite. And it seems to be pretty well drummed into Liverpool players to swap shirts and generally treat their lower League opponents with respect. Sign of a class club.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
To be honest we might as well have not bothered turnng up based upon the attitude of alot of our supporters (& possibly a couple of the players) as it seemed we totally surrendered & were almost happy to lose. The love affair with Liverpool on here before the match was shameful & the shirt swapping & half & half scarves made me cringe.God knows what it will be like if we play Man Utd!

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
To be honest we might as well have not bothered turnng up based upon the attitude of alot of our supporters (& possibly a couple of the players) as it seemed we totally surrendered & were almost happy to lose. The love affair with Liverpool on here before the match was shameful & the shirt swapping & half & half scarves made me cringe.God knows what it will be like if we play Man Utd!
I really don't get the half and half scarves thing

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had to laugh - looks like even Gus was starstruck yesterday - his lad Diego has put a photo of Suarez shirt on twitter :lol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
El Abd was trying to swap shirts with Carroll DURING the game.... now that`s real sportsmanship.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting to read the views of the one professional player on this thread, even if he's an ex player.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm more concerned about the fans clapping Gerrard and applauding away attendances etc. Now that IS gash.

Totally agree and also the silly old tart behind me who stated loudly, just before they started YNWA held her scarf aloft, that she was going to do it as a mark of respect. I asked her if she's ever sung I'm forever blowing bubbles as West Ham. She said no why would I. I turned round and sung GOSBTS as loudly as I could in her face. I support Brighton not Liverpool. Her comments throughout the game just f@[MENTION=23572]king[/MENTION] wound me up. Stupid cow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Totally agree and also the silly old tart behind me who stated loudly, just before they started YNWA held her scarf aloft, that she was going to do it as a mark of respect. I asked her if she's ever sung I'm forever blowing bubbles as West Ham. She said no why would I. I turned round and sung GOSBTS as loudly as I could in her face. I support Brighton not Liverpool. Her comments throughout the game just f@[MENTION=23572]king[/MENTION] wound me up. Stupid cow.

This, with BELLS on.

Any Albion fan who felt moved to sing YNWA before kickoff is a first class TIT of the highest order. I was heartened to join in with a rendition of GOSBST as loud as I could during that. FFS who were we there to support ?

And yes, I did find the incessant Navarro / Noone wankfest over LFC in the buildup this week a bit much after a while, and the subsequent desperate hunt for shirtswapping does make us look a bit two-bob. We're not a bunch of part-timers from the Isthmian (even if some of them played like it in that 2nd half). Maybe if it had been an epic battle, a gallant defeat, a memorable match then fine. But we'd just got slapped 6-1, and some of our players are after souveniers from that.

They weren't alone, but Noone and Navarro played like they were overawed - a case of "just pleased to be here". And we needed a f*** load more than that to have any chance of at least making a game of it 2nd half.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Did anyone notice that when Nooney put the ball out for thrown-in he back heeled it to a Liverpool player instead of letting just it roll away.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He almost tried to stick the rebound away after that racist missed his pen.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
It was a bit mickey mouse being star struck by a mediocre prem league team where there is only about 20 teams between both clubs....

Was embarassing they are suppose to be professionals.... I could understand it if they were playing barcelona or it was Worthing utd against Liverpool.... didnt like this...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here