Is it as bad as you can ever remember it?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
London Irish said:
Well, the Sports Argus cover story that our chances are improving for getting GNW was one bright spot in a generally nightmarish fortnight.

Not one direct quote in that article. He might as well have written another 'opinion' piece in support of his mate McGhee. Or just put 'I DON'T HAVE ANY STORIES TODAY' in big letters.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well why dont you take over then? (Berkshire Seagull)

Last edited:

Dies Irae said:
Whist I support DK obviously, I do question the ability of the team to provide a stadium.

Well, you are wrong to. Overturning countryside planning protection policy in the manner we did to earn a yes from Prescott was a brilliant result, the equivalent in football would have been us going to Spurs last season in the third round and beating them 4-0! :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink:

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Commander said:
Well why dont you take over then? (Berkshire Seagull)
Funny thing is dick is equivelant to any tom dick and harry taking over.The club needs propper funds to progress,not dicks 1.5 million in nearly 8 years:shootself

Your just like most of the other retards on here,keeping looking back to the archer days being grateful for anything.:angry: This club needs to move on from the past for fu--cks sake.Lack of ambition at the club is so so rife grrrrrrrrrr.:glare:

Benny Zamora said:
Not one direct quote in that article. He might as well have written another 'opinion' piece in support of his mate McGhee. Or just put 'I DON'T HAVE ANY STORIES TODAY' in big letters.

Oh f***ing cheer up, it might never happen :wave:

Actually the article I thought was a sound analysis of GNW's chances of getting his current contract at another Championship club repeated, which is very small with the exception of his old boss Pulis pulling a few strings - and even they won't be throwing money around given their primary target will be Pericard.

So if GNW has to settle for a League 1 club, why not us where he has a bond with players like CKR and seems to like the set-up here? We have a chance whereas it appeared a few weeks ago we had none, a small ray of hope in these troubled times.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Funny thing is dick is equivelant to any tom dick and harry taking over.The club needs propper funds to progress,not dicks 1.5 million in nearly 8 years:shootself

Your just like most of the other retards on here,keeping looking back to the archer days being grateful for anything.:angry: This club needs to move on from the past for fu--cks sake.Lack of ambition at the club is so so rife grrrrrrrrrr.:glare:

Go and support Reading then :lolol:

Benny Zamora said:
Funny, that's exactly what i feel like saying to Naylor every time i see him!

Sorry but the thought of McGhee getting another new striker to fall out with doesn't make me jump for joy.

Out of interest, do you think we should sign GNW?

I'm surprised that people are so split on him now, given he was at the centre of every good thing we did in beating Millwall and Ipswich, with CKR particularly benefiting from his experience.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Out of interest, do you think we should sign GNW?

I'm surprised that people are so split on him now, given he was at the centre of every good thing we did in beating Millwall and Ipswich, with CKR particularly benefiting from his experience.

I think the teams failure to produce against Weds and being hammered by Stoke has worked against GNW being the striker we need, in a large number of people's opinion. I gather he was non too good in either game?

Icy Gull said:
I think the teams failure to produce against Weds and being hammered by Stoke has worked against GNW being the striker we need, in a large number of people's opinion. I gather he was non too good in either game?

He had a below par game in the Stoke disaster but his old mates knew his game there I thought. Didn't think he was that bad against SW - I guess if he could turn all these games on his own with a fairly average team playing around him, he would be well out of our price range.

Really don't see us getting any better than him, he has the nous to bring CKR and Gatting through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports