Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Glenn Murray leaving?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Palace to land Murray | Crystal Palace News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Brighton star Glenn Murray is set to join Crystal Palace this summer, skysports.com understands.

The striker has played a leading role in helping Brighton to promotion from League One this season.

However, his current deal is due to expire in the summer and he has failed to agree new terms with the club.

Now, after scoring 21 goals for the Seagulls, the man described as the 'lower league Dimitar Berbatov' has opted to move on.

And skysports.com understands that Selhurst Park will be his destination in the summer.

Dougie Freedman looks set to guide Crystal Palace to safety in the Championship, and he is already looking at rebuilding his side.

One of his first pieces of business will be to finalise a deal for Murray, who will move to South London on a free transfer after the Eagles fended off interest form a number of Championship rivals.

Is this true?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
f............

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Is this true?

"It's not true," said the Eagles boss. "His agent has offered him to us, as have so many other players, but to say a deal is done is just not true.

"The agent is just trying to get a better contract for him by putting out stories that he's about to move to Brighton's biggest rivals. I think he's a good player and in many ways I wish it was true but I don't think we'll be able to afford him. I'm sure he will have a lot of clubs interested in him."

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Palace to land Murray | Crystal Palace News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Brighton star Glenn Murray is set to join Crystal Palace this summer, skysports.com understands.

The striker has played a leading role in helping Brighton to promotion from League One this season.

However, his current deal is due to expire in the summer and he has failed to agree new terms with the club.

Now, after scoring 21 goals for the Seagulls, the man described as the 'lower league Dimitar Berbatov' has opted to move on.

And skysports.com understands that Selhurst Park will be his destination in the summer.

Dougie Freedman looks set to guide Crystal Palace to safety in the Championship, and he is already looking at rebuilding his side.

One of his first pieces of business will be to finalise a deal for Murray, who will move to South London on a free transfer after the Eagles fended off interest form a number of Championship rivals.

Is this true?
Yes probably he is leaving. But not to that shit. That was just his agent being a first class prick. Trust me, it did not go down well with the powers that be.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm convinced he's going to leave, not to Palace, probably Derby.

I suspect you are right, there have been articles in the Argus about Dicker and Bridcutt 'probably' signing new contracts, but the only positives about Murray have come from Andy Naylor's weekly Q&A.

Glenn is in a great position having proved himself to be a top L1 striker, he has one decent contract left in him, and has earned the right to maximise his earnings.

The main benefit of staying is that he thrives on the type of football we play, and has a manager who will build a front line around him, less likely if he goes elsewhere.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I suspect you are right, there have been articles in the Argus about Dicker and Bridcutt 'probably' signing new contracts, but the only positives about Murray have come from Andy Naylor's weekly Q&A.

Glenn is in a great position having proved himself to be a top L1 striker, he has one decent contract left in him, and has earned the right to maximise his earnings.

The main benefit of staying is that he thrives on the type of football we play, and has a manager who will build a front line around him, less likely if he goes elsewhere.

At the risk of sounding like a Swindon fan, I do think he would be best off here in footballing terms, but as you say, he needs to maximise his earnings from his last big contract. The silence from anyone official regarding the potential of him signing a new contract is deafening.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
it boils down to he either wants to chase the cash or stay with a club that is on the up

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
At the risk of sounding like a Swindon fan, I do think he would be best off here in footballing terms, but as you say, he needs to maximise his earnings from his last big contract. The silence from anyone official regarding the potential of him signing a new contract is deafening.

At his age he has to consider financial terms as his priority. He's unlikely to play in the Premier unless he's signed by a team that is in with a genuine chance of promotion next season. Derby are a big club judging by their gates and I think they'll pay better than we will. The bloke can't be blamed as like anybody he will go for the best money. The only think that might sway him is contract length, two years on a higher wage is not as good as three years on a lower wage.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why Derby, i mean verses at least half a dozen others? is there a specific rumour linking to Derby?

have to chuckle though as many suggested with the Palace link that it was because he is settled and they are about the only option which wouldnt require moving home. often think most rumours and speculation are started as musings down the pub, be it fans, journalists or agents.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Let's hope not...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here