Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Europe off the cards now?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Yes, it’s getting to the stage where we start to look at other teams’ fixtures. I still think we can overhaul West Ham - they may well find themselves distracted by the Europa League qtr final matches, and apart from Kudus, Paqueta and Bowen, I’m not convinced they are particularly good. Newcastle have some horrendous injury issues (even worse than us). Wolves are inconsistent, and are without Neto.
But on the flip side, both Bournemouth and Chelsea could easily overtake us - our games against them are real 6-pointers….

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Funny, if Welbeck buries the chance at the end this is a very different thread. I think we have maybe a 30% shot at finishing top eight.

Obviously our form is pretty rubbish but we have five home games, we’ve lost at home once all season.

Burnley & Bournemouth away are winnable.

I’m sure RDZ, Bloom & the squad think Europe is still on the cards

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Funny, if Welbeck buries the chance at the end this is a very different thread. I think we have maybe a 30% shot at finishing top eight.

Obviously our form is pretty rubbish but we have five home games, we’ve lost at home once all season.

Burnley & Bournemouth away are winnable.

I’m sure RDZ, Bloom & the squad think Europe is still on the cards
We're about 5/1 for top 7

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funny, if Welbeck buries the chance at the end this is a very different thread.
If we had 3 points for every time that's been written we'd be wondering if we could stay top.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Can we stop the injuries excuse thing, it’s getting really boring. All sides have suffered this season and Newcastle and Wolves particularly, quoting two of those teams above, have been just as or more unfortunate than us this season.

Our form for the last six months, a long time, certainly does not give RDZ the right to be making public demands of Tony or be in the running for jobs like Bayern, Liverpool or Barca. He needs to get his head down, turn our form around and prove he is an elite manager as he’s certainly not done that this season.
Can we stop talking about the obvious reason why we're no good because it's boring?

Our squad is so young, thin, the replacements in wide positions aren't up to it, there's too many players like Lamptey, Welbeck, Lallana and Milner who can't do 90. I really fail to see why people are expecting us to be winning games, who other than Gross exactly is going to be scoring the goals and setting them up consistently?

If we played our first eleven every week we'd be challenging. But we can't.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Personally I think I've kinda checked out of this season since Roma away. The hammering we took really took the shine off.

Then we've had all the RDZ will he / won't he stuff. Coupled with our generally miserable form and this relentless injury list meaning we can't ever seem to settle and I'm basically just over it.

We'll finish where we finish and that might be in a European spot. I don't think it will. But it might :shrug:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm not unhappy that we won't qualify this year, history shows that a team doing Europe for the first time usually suffers in the league that season. It'll mean we have no distractions next season and less Sunday games (maybe).

Jimmy Grimble

We're about 5/1 for top 7
Newcastle and Chelsea are 11/10. I think the only way we get into Europe is if we win 4 of our remaining games and draw a couple, but realistically 2 of those wins have to be against Newcastle and Chelsea. If the other wins could be against Bournemouth and Man U, then that would be nice 🙂

It’s a long shot but there’s a still a small thread of hope.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm not unhappy that we won't qualify this year, history shows that a team doing Europe for the first time usually suffers in the league that season. It'll mean we have no distractions next season and less Sunday games (maybe).
I agree, I don't want Conference for this reason. Lets have a rest from Europe and another good go at the league and maybe one of the cups and try and get back in to Europa again the following season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here