Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is De Zerbi's Middle Name Sami?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ridiculously early days l grant you, but for some reason l have ominous feelings about our new manager, could he turn out to be the latest incarnation of one Sami Hyypia?

The signs are already there, standing motionless on the touchline as things start to implode around him, trying to remedy the situation last night by bringing on a player, Tariq Lamptey, a shadow of his former self, who has lost much of his pace, (sorry Tariq fans), to run at defenders and presumably create chances. Then leave the introduction of Undav, our striking option on the bench, to a cameo role right at the death, when it was nigh on impossible to make any sort of impact.

Harsh l know, but l'm still hurting from missing out on two points last night. Forest were undoubtably the worst side l've seen at the Amex in the Premier League era. A Forest fan said to me as we were leaving the stadium, you lot really are rubbish if you can't score against us . . . it was hard to disagree.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
motionless ? Far from it from my view.

Agree about Tariq but not sure that makes RDZ a ‘Hyypia’ ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

:facepalm:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Ridiculously early days l grant you, but for some reason l have ominous feelings about our new manager, could he turn out to be the latest incarnation of one Sami Hyypia?

The signs are already there, standing motionless on the touchline as things start to implode around him, trying to remedy the situation last night by bringing on a player, Tariq Lamptey, a shadow of his former self, who has lost much of his pace, (sorry Tariq fans), to run at defenders and presumably create chances. Then leave the introduction of Undav, our striking option on the bench, to a cameo role right at the death, when it was nigh on impossible to make any sort of impact.

Harsh l know, but l'm still hurting from missing out on two points last night. Forest were undoubtably the worst side l've seen at the Amex in the Premier League era. A Forest fan said to me as we were leaving the stadium, you lot really are rubbish if you can't score against us . . . it was hard to disagree.
The performance last night was no different to many performances under Potter. And Potter is a bloody good manager.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FFS, if we'd scored early in the last two games, which we should have done, we'd probably have won both games.

Under Hyypia the tactics employed were so obviously not suited to the players we had that most teams ripped us apart and we hung on in games. I haven't seen anything, other than results over three games, that suggest RDZ is anywhere near as clueless as Hyypia

I think he needs to get us to break quickly when we open the pitch up by drawing the press from the opposition around our penalty area. He seems to have got the players to understand the playing around at the back but sadly they are then reverting to Potterball as we start to attack.

We occasionally play a long ball too which I'm not sure is part of RDZ's tactics, although I like it when done with precision rather than a hoof.

Just imo

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Motionless? Riiiiiight, cheers Stevie Wonder.

Nothing has really changed than what happened under Potter, this exact same thing happened last season, people forget how profligate in front of goal we were at home last season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The thumbs down button was reintroduced for this type of post.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is getting silly now. RDZ has only been here five minutes. The chickens coming home to roost now are the board's abject failure to invest in one or more credible strikers over a number of seasons. Was always going to catch up with us in the end

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Motionless?

It looked like Crofts was taking the brunt of his frustrations in the first half. He also looked like he was about to rip his gillet in Hulk style at one point.

He actually shows his passion and frustrations.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
At least give the man a transfer window or two. Oh yeah we don’t do those :lolol:
We don’t do transfer windows? If that was the case only Sanchez, Dunk and March would have been in last night’s starting 11.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
RDZ is watching his team and thinking 'Blimey, we're completely dominating. The goal is bound to come soon'. Any new manager watching our lot would be thinking the same. Of course, we all know that it's not coming, but he hasn't been living this Beckettian nightmare for long enough yet. He'll need time to figure this out. In the meantime we'll just have to carry on waiting for a goal whilst finding things to pass time, that would have passed anyway, but not so rapidly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here