Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Balldock Ulloa's replacement ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Could be a possiblity our time with a target man is over. KLL said to be enjoying a more central role, could mean a front 3 is wanted under Hyypia, as opposed to Ulloa as a front man,

Agree, we may have no need for a target man whatsoever, I'd be very surprised if we spent £2m (ish) on Baldock and got another striker to be the main man.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why would we sell Ulloa if we just wanted to sign a lesser version of the same player ?
Because Ulloa wanted to leave, and we were offered a huge amount for him. The fact that we turned down £7m would suggest we wanted to keep him, and now he's gone it shouldn't be a surprise if we wanted a similar player to replace him. That doesn't mean we'll find one though.

No just an argus update of interest which they think will happen, they usually get it right.
I'm not sure they will on this. I think he'd need to ask to leave for us to have a chance.

I'd be very surprised if we spent £2m (ish) on Baldock and got another striker to be the main man.
Likewise.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ahh a good chance to have a moan up about a potential new player by comparing him to our dearly departed.
Excellent.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
according to vital football (West Ham) the Balldock thing is back on for around 1m
but it could be just a flyer by some bored jounalist

Don't get the mania for Baldock, lower table Champ level at best

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Don't get the mania for Baldock, lower table Champ level at best

How many times have you seen him play? He has scored 1 in 2 everywhere he has been in his career, he's a proven goalscorer. West ham fans liked him as well just never really got a chance there.

Would be a great signing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dwayne where do you get that 1 in 2 games everywhere he has been from. That has only happened at Bristol City. His record according to wiki is Mk Dons 33 in 102 games West Ham 5 in 23 games (at our level) Bristol City 34 in 79 so a total of 72 in 204 games .

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
From where do you get that 1 in 2 games everywhere he has been from. That has only happened at Bristol City. His record according to wiki is Mk Dons 33 in 102 games West Ham 5 in 23 games (at out level) Bristol City 34 in 79 so a total of 72 in 204 games .

True I was discounting sub appearances...for instance 13 of his west ham appearances were as a sub

He's peak age at the moment. I would still be very happy with the signing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They won't sell Baldock for anything as low as £1million.

They say they want £4million.

I reckon if we offered £3million we would get him.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They won't sell Baldock for anything as low as £1million.

They say they want £4million.

I reckon if we offered £3million we would get him.

With a year left on his deal ? A league 1 striker?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here