Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is anyone else’s mojo on high alert

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you can’t get excited about what has happened this last week at our club, then wow

this is just incredible. After all the years of bollocks we had, the very few ups and horrendous downs have led us to this and this. Truly a fine time to be alive
IMG_0147.jpeg

IMG_1532.jpeg

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Absolutely buzzing can't quite believe it.

But if castle rip us a new one tomorrow might start to get a bit worried about our prospects this season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But you said you saw Sky reporting on Locatelli signing.
I did…that would have been a bonus, but hey. f*** him…we have our own Brazilian superstar pedro ready to be uncoiled like an big uncoiling thing

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When I walked up the North Stand steps for that first game against Donny, I thought we have made it. A proper team in the Championship with the occasional foray into the Premier, we had achieved all I had ever wanted after 40 odd years :thumbsup:

It appears that Tone had different ideas :laugh:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Even though Fati is just a loan, the fact that one of the biggest clubs in the world see us as a good fit to help develop a VERY highly rated player of theirs is just mental. & that the player would even want to come from Barca to us for a season. Bit surreal.

On top of that being drawn in a Europa group with Ajax & Marseille, and having a legitimate chance of making it out of the group just shows how far we've come. Mental.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Even though Fati is just a loan, the fact that one of the biggest clubs in the world see us as a good fit to help develop a VERY highly rated player of theirs is just mental. & that the player would even want to come from Barca to us for a season. Bit surreal.

On top of that being drawn in a Europa group with Ajax & Marseille, and having a legitimate chance of making it out of the group just shows how far we've come. Mental.
It's nice to have Barcelona as a feeder club :wink:

el punal

When I first started watching the Albion back in 1965 we were typical third division make weights. Not good enough to be promoted, not bad enough to get relegated. For near on seven years it was humdrum football with the odd big win and one big FA Cup tie (Chelsea 1967) to savour. How, then, would I have felt knowing that Brighton would beat Chelsea twice, Liverpool twice, Arsenal twice, Man Utd twice all in one season, and, finish sixth in the top flight and qualify for European football?

The answer would have been a polite version of you’re talking bollocks. Well the bollocks have come true and I’m enjoying every single second of it. Long may it continue! :drink:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Will wait and see whether Fati actually delivers on the pitch, given his injury record.
Hopefully he’s still good and Barca have let him go because they’ve now got an even shinier prodigy.

Can‘t argue with Ajax v Brighton though. They are historically one of the greats of European football.
It is mind boggling and that game is one I would have never have thought possible until very recently.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It is even better than I thought it could be 27 years ago, and I always knew that with our fans and our community we'd be OK.
OK ? I know it doesn't scan and isn't even blank verse, but we really are f***ing brilliant now :wink:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Will wait and see whether Fati actually delivers on the pitch, given his injury record.
Hopefully he’s still good and Barca have let him go because they’ve now got an even shinier prodigy.

Can‘t argue with Ajax v Brighton though. They are historically one of the greats of European football.
It is mind boggling and that game is one I would have never have thought possible until very recently.
I think someone who was even a bit part player for Barca in 50 games last season will be ok for us. Wonderful times.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
When I walked up the North Stand steps for that first game against Donny, I thought we have made it. A proper team in the Championship with the occasional foray into the Premier, we had achieved all I had ever wanted after 40 odd years :thumbsup:

It appears that Tone had different ideas :laugh:
Ah, I remember Donny game with a tear in my eye.
Of course, it could have been the puffing and wheezing walking up to the upper west

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Even if Ansu Fati doesn't set the world alight here, the fact that a player of that profile will join us, from Barce-bloody-lona, on the same day we're drawn in that group in Europe. I'm struggling to get my head round it a bit. I was standing to the left of the goal as we looked at Hereford, so somwhere, I'm in that pic above, of Reinelt and Storer at that absolutely piivotal moment in our history. To think then that we could ever be where we are now... well, it would have been quite literally laughable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here