Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is anyone else pissed off...

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It's a forum with different opinions, I am neither Potter in or out but I can understand both sides of the coin we just don't do average it's either great football ( with few goals) or absolute dogs with no goals so caters to the extremes. I think as long as we stay up this season he will be safe but I do think next season will be critical in seeing an improvement in results.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Connolly has always been shit... he's still shit. MacAllister has always been behind Lallana in the pecking order... but he's an established first teamer now. Zeqiri is still early on in his development but the fact he does get game time is my point.

Polish right back, don't know... presumably not ready yet, unlike Moder.

Connolly is a young player who has not developed as expected , certainly wasn't sh*t.

We got MacAllister BEFORE Lalana so not always behind him

Zeqiri gets FA game time

Alzate has gone backwards

Polish right back , if he isn't good enough then why did we curtail his loan? Looked ok against Leicester in the cup , yes one game.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Agree. Some (not many to be fair, and outweighed by a lot of very decent ones) frustrating performances and several hugely frustrating results doesn’t necessarily mean things aren’t heading in the right direction in line with Tony’s plans and ambitions - I think they are. Feels a bit ‘so near yet so far’ this season - think TB will be looking for visible progress in the table next season. Been a bit unlucky to lose both first choice wingbacks for a large chunk of the season, and the striker issue obviously needs to be addressed but positives outweigh the frustrations for me.
Yea this puts it into context. Put Lamptey and March into that team, players with a bit of pace and attacking intent in natural positions does make a massive difference. On the other side, total dinosaur mangers like Hodgson, Bruce and Dyche manage to get much more of a tune, certainly goals out of their limited squads does have you wondering. Generally a fan of Potter, but there is no way we should be relegation threatened with the ability we have. That is down to the manager ultimately

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am a massive Potter fan but we cannot side step or make excuses if we get caught and go down. The buck stops with the manager. This could be just a bad weekend or it could be the start of a disastrous end of season. I am worried :down:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I am a massive Potter fan but we cannot side step or make excuses if we get caught and go down. The buck stops with the manager. This could be just a bad weekend or it could be the start of a disastrous end of season. I am worried :down:

Same, I like Potter and think we should be ok still. But if we do go down there’ll be an inquest and rightly so.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yea this puts it into context. Put Lamptey and March into that team, players with a bit of pace and attacking intent in natural positions does make a massive difference. On the other side, total dinosaur mangers like Hodgson, Bruce and Dyche manage to get much more of a tune, certainly goals out of their limited squads does have you wondering. Generally a fan of Potter, but there is no way we should be relegation threatened with the ability we have. That is down to the manager ultimately

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

March’s loss was huge, in the form of life, pushing opposing RB’s and RW’s back, driving us forward.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
... with all this anti Potter shit...*

* and, no I didn't need to start another thread, but if all the half wits can do it, why can't I?

What in God's name are you expecting?

We are flirting with the relegation spots and the bloke was brought in to improve the team. Next season will be season number three. Assuming we are in the Premier League, we will be expecting a fairly safe positioning.

So far, Potter has not delivered anything that we should be salivating over. He may have changed the way we play but he hasn't put smiles on faces. I've consistently said this is a results business, and on occasion I have sadly had to vote in the 'out' camp. I want him to succeed but I am often left wondering whether he has what it takes,

So no, I am not pissed off at the fans, I am pissed off at anyone but the fans.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sticking with singing these castrato tunes I see. "I'm not a Potter out because I would like to come across as rational and having a firm opinion and this could bite me in the ass, so I hide behind some false 'neutrality' while taking any and every opportunity to imply my secret convictions".

Grow some balls and speak out from your beard.

Why don't you spend more time supporting your local club?

I bet there's a Swedish fans forum just dying to hear your words of wisdom. Or have you been banned from there?

We know you are Potter's Swedish PR firm. And mate, you need to work on [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] because I've noticed the first words of doubt from him.

Lastly, I so want Potter to succeed, but FFS please notice that he is not the son of God and start holding him to account!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I bet there's a Swedish fans forum just dying to hear your words of wisdom. Or have you been banned from there?

We know you are Potter's Swedish PR firm. And mate, you need to work on [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] because I've noticed the first words of doubt from him.

Lastly, I so want Potter to succeed, but FFS please notice that he is not the son of God and start holding him to account!

Doubt about our staying up has crept in but still a Potter fanboy :smile:

Not great news for us if WBA win but an absolute HAMMER blow for Fulham

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

If you think public relations is my thing, think again.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We’re going to finish fourth bottom, which seems right and sums up our season, which has felt like a write off for a long time. Judge Potter next season as others said. If it’s a repeat of this and last then going to put the ‘Gone Fishing’ on the door

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you think public relations is my thing, think again.

:lolol: :thumbsup:

WBA down, according to the telly pundits. And they know far, far more than us. Fact.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I will bite. Potter is paid a huge salary. We are no longer in the lower leagues - so yes, it is about results first, results second & then I would suggest performances. Boy would we settle for boring 1-0 wins, well I would.

I doubt Bloom will be content with 17th in the Premier League. Does Potter deserve a pat on the back? A kick up the backside? More support?

As fans we are frustrated & rightfully so. There have been glimmers of improvement but failing to land an average Premier League forward has cost us.

Here and there, yes. It's part of the game. As a regular thing, no. I don't watch football to be bored stiff. I watch football because I enjoy it.

I support Brighton, but a dull team, devoid of any creativity and swank is not what I want. My support then becomes about success and ego. I'd sooner watch a lower league team that plays attractive football than one that stinks out a league but safely remains (like we did in 2018/19 when most supporters of other teams just seemed to want us gone). I almost stopped watching that year, I couldn't take it anymore. I don't feel the same under Potter, despite the struggles. I wasn't looking forward to 19/20 before the managerial change.

Brighton being a Premier League team is not an essential in my enjoyment of life. It's just a nice addition.

Trips to Accrington would be just as enjoyable as trips to Arsenal. Actually, probably more so.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thus spake the chief Potter bumlicker. ???
Potter won't be sacked before the end of the season. Even Stevie Wonder can see that.
Now....everyone else....just....stop. Please. :facepalm:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We’re going to finish fourth bottom, which seems right and sums up our season, which has felt like a write off for a long time. Judge Potter next season as others said. If it’s a repeat of this and last then going to put the ‘Gone Fishing’ on the door

I do agree that things need to improve. If they haven't by the end of next season then it would be fair to ask a lot of questions.

It's been an odd year anyway. Just not like a normal season.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We’re going to finish fourth bottom, which seems right and sums up our season...

Bottom 6 budget = bottom 6 finish. Who knew? :shrug:

Yes, occasionally we’ll beat a Liverpool or a Spurs but over 38 PL games you broadly end up where your budget dictates. Of course there are a few managers out there who can perform alchemy with limited resources but they are few and far between.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
For me I am caught between thinking we are on the verge of something very good to maybe we are all a bit fur coat and no knickers. The latter is mainly down to an all too frequent occurrence of losing points in games we have largely controlled that cannot simply be put down to bad luck.

But this is all against a backdrop of empty stadiums where it has been easier to get points away from home and players who have let the manager down by being woeful in front of goal.

I just want this season to end see what happens with ins and outs this summer and then reset for next season. We will learn far more about Potter after another summer window and a season with fans back in grounds. If the same problems still exist then that is the time for a rethink not after this batshit mental season that just needs to end.

Next season will be more of same. Bottom six wage budgets produce bottom six sides 90% of the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here