Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anybody else...

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
...going to the AMEX tonight re: 1901 club?

The club are obviously trying to get local businesses involved. My Nan owns a newsagents, and received a letter inviting her to go along tonight, see a presentation etc about the 1901 club and what it offers, and then a viewing of the stadium.

She can't go so I am going instead (as the shops Manager - which is pretty much what I am when I'm home from uni for summer) :amex: will be the first time I've seen the beauty that is our new stadium other than in photos and from driving past it. Just a shame I don't have a decent camera, so phone pics will have to do if I can get any! :thumbsup:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I doubt anyone else will be going, these are personal, one-to-one high pressure sales sessions.

Take your chequebook and be prepared for a merciless battering.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I doubt anyone else will be going, these are personal, one-to-one high pressure sales sessions.

Take your chequebook and be prepared for a merciless battering.

Well I went yesterday and it was anything but merciless battering or high pressure selling. Far from it. An informative sales video presented by Des Lynam, followed by a chat about the 1901, followed by a look at the stadium.

There was absolutely no pressure at all. These seats have sold themselves and there are not many left. I've not gone for it as I have 2 small children who I'll probably take into the family section. The salesman actually said that would probably be better for me and that was that.

Go to see the stadium, have a cup of tea, hear what's on offer. They have exceeded all their sales targets so it was very relaxed.:thumbsup:

note also; you can reserve a seat there and then, but don't have to sign anything. They give you 5 days grace to really think about it before signing anything at all. Far from unscrupulous selling practices in my opinion!

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Well I went yesterday and it was anything but merciless battering or high pressure selling. Far from it. An informative sales video presented by Des Lynam, followed by a chat about the 1901, followed by a look at the stadium.

There was absolutely no pressure at all. These seats have sold themselves and there are not many left. I've not gone for it as I have 2 small children who I'll probably take into the family section. The salesman actually said that would probably be better for me and that was that.

Go to see the stadium, have a cup of tea, hear what's on offer. They have exceeded all their sales targets so it was very relaxed.:thumbsup:

note also; you can reserve a seat there and then, but don't have to sign anything. They give you 5 days grace to really think about it before signing anything at all. Far from unscrupulous selling practices in my opinion!

Sounds good to me. That's kind of what I was imagining it was going to be like. Doesn't surprise me at all that they haven't had to make a huge effort to push people into buying the seats! Can't wait to see the stadium from the inside though :clap2:

Cheers

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sounds good to me. That's kind of what I was imagining it was going to be like. Doesn't surprise me at all that they haven't had to make a huge effort to push people into buying the seats! Can't wait to see the stadium from the inside though :clap2:

Cheers

I was actually a bit disappointed with the amount of stadium I actually saw. I got taken to an access point right near it but we were not allowed any closer on H&S grounds. Good to see it close up, but would have liked to have gone in properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here