Is a 2nd referendum a genuine possibility?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I can do that for you. The side I voted for won, but I don't feel that we've won much. If we don't get a good trade deal, it's going to be crap for an awful lot of people here. Everyone just made their best guess on what would be the best for our country's future, but no one knew what that future would be either way. We all have to demand the strongest leader now to fight for the best deal for the UK (both trade and travel).

Would it also be possible for (all) those who supported the remain side to show some respect for democracy?

Screenshot from 2016-06-25 21:16:28.png

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Boris suggested this at the beginning of the campaign and presumably he will end up as PM. Didn't the Irish do exactly this a few years ago?

If BJ delays invoking article 50 then there is time to see if 1. The EU does actually embrace reform as is now being muted and 2. What our 'new deal' is going to look like before we actually leave. Another referendum would then be based on facts and the result might be less close (either way) and therefore unite the country.

Is this a likely scenario?
Who's facts?.... facts that suit a different agenda?.. perhaps a Remain agenda?..... did the Leave outcome upset your sense of entitlement somehow.. you really ought to understand that just sometimes, in life, people are going to say NO to you... it's tough I know, but take it on the chin eh?!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No doubt some would have gone on about the immigration problem and what we're going to do about it (as it will always be an issue, regardless of what union we're in), but only the most stupid would have been asking for another referendum.

If of any interest, I know that senior Eurosceptic members of the Conservative Party would have carried on the campaign for us to leave if the vote had gone against them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Who's facts?.... facts that suit a different agenda?.. perhaps a Remain agenda?..... did the Leave outcome upset your sense of entitlement somehow.. you really ought to understand that just sometimes, in life, people are going to say NO to you... it's tough I know, but take it on the chin eh?!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Calm down, he is only saying what could happen, not what should happen ,or what's going to happen

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Interesting.
If by 'interesting' you mean 'what a load of shit', I agree.

If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over -Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished.
Whoever instigates Article 50 is not responsible for taking us out of the EU, the voting public are.

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". When Michael Gove went on and on about "informal negotiations" ... why? why not the formal ones straight away?
I'll tell you why - the EU want a quick divorce, it's in their interest. It's not in our interest, we are currently in a stronger position that we will be the day we Triggaaar Article 50. So before then, we can agree the deal with the EU. If the deal is fair, we all sign it, Triggaaar the Article, amicable divorce, all is rosy.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Never saw any of them whinging like babies when the BBC announced there projected result of 52/48 to remain in fact they were whooping for joy plastering it all over NSC but when it turned out the boot was on the other foot the crybaby whinging started almost straight away

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did you vote twice? How many people voted twice? This is an outrage!
I voted three times, I thought we all did? One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, now go go go.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pointless thread

Never saw any of them whinging like babies when the BBC announced there projected result of 52/48 to remain in fact they were whooping for joy plastering it all over NSC but when it turned out the boot was on the other foot the crybaby whinging started almost straight away

Doing your best to confirm it! :wink:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

What significance does this petition have other than those who voted remain not liking the result?

If the referendum had gone the other way there would actually be more cause for complaint, since it was predominantly London and Scotland against the rest of the country.

Surely you'll need 10x that in unique signatures for it not to be instantly dismissed. Good luck.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Interesting lack of punctuation and a common (often made rather than chavvy) spelling mistake. Is this the way forward for little England?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What significance does this petition have other than those who voted remain not liking the result?

If the referendum had gone the other way there would actually be more cause for complaint, since it was predominantly London and Scotland against the rest of the country.

Surely you'll need 10x that in unique signatures for it not to be instantly dismissed. Good luck.

I may be wrong but I think if there are over 100k signatories then it has to be debated in Parliament.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Interesting.

BJ does need to take ownership and responsibility of Brexit asap. It would be wrong to drag out the PM leadership for the next 3 or 4 months when he is clearly the only one who is best suited for the job at this time. He is the one who will have to decide how to proceed and if it is even possible because our laws and regulations are so intertwined.

Now is the time for BJ to put his money where his mouth is instead of going on holiday for the Parliament summer recess.

the problem with this and the Guardian comment, is that it rest on some considerable assumptions. not least that Boris did all this soley to take over the role of PM, one his is not suited to given his maverick nature. he is suited to having some power but not responsibility, like London mayor. the whole piece only makes sense if Boris and Gove didnt really want to leave, that they campaigned for a cause they didnt actually want. seems a bit incredible.

i do think they may not have believed they would win as the polls even when prdicting a leave win had as much as 15% or so undecided so werent very comfortable leads. so they've been caught by surprise and hadnt really considered the actions required in the following week. they probably expected Cameron to at least stay around until there was a call for him to leave, again unsettleing peoples calculations. Cameron hasnt made played a cunning strategy in announcing to resign either, he's on type doing the honorable thing. recall the lost vote over Syria, he didnt actually need parliament vote to send in the RAF, but honored the descision. he simply doesnt want to do something he's argued he didnt want to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports