Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is a 2nd referendum a genuine possibility?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think he'll cope :shrug:The important figure there is 48. I was crap at % at school, but that leaves.....erm......

That's why I said 48%, they were only the one's who voted remain, I imagine there are more Borisphobes amongst the one's who couldn't or wouldn't vote

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
OK, if that plays out Violence is coming somewhere near to you soon. It wont be short and it wont be pretty. Political posturing and spin is what brought the leave vote victory (people are fed up with it) and if you usurp that Victory it will mean civil war. Yes violent war. I am not threatening just stating what I think will happen.

:lolol:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Well, obviously it's an opinion, so it can't yet be factual, and I can't see any moral question, but why is the synopsis wrong, I thought it looks quite a likely scenario myself

Merely in the name of dignity, I would accept the concept that it was a simple democratic referendum to decide IN or OUT. Semantics and legalities should be irrelevant.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No even though I am completely depressed about the result I have to accept my side lost. It would be good to see some of those on here who supported the Leave side show a bit of humility and acknowledge how divided the UK is.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Was it not Nigel Farage himself, and UKIP, back in May who said, if remain win only by a few points it wouldn't be the end of it, there would have to be another vote. Just saying, that's what he said...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Merely in the name of dignity, I would accept the concept that it was a simple democratic referendum to decide IN or OUT. Semantics and legalities should be irrelevant.

So, you're saying it could happen, remember, it's politicians we're talking about here

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Was it not Nigel Farage himself, and UKIP, back in May who said, if remain win only by a few points it wouldn't be the end of it, there would have to be another vote. Just saying, that's what he said...
True. I know that had Remain won, those who wanted out would have carried on and on...yet we are meant to shut up and just " suck it up".

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I said at the start of the process that such a huge and monumental shift in the country's direction, and one that is not reversible, should be decided by a 60-40 majority. Simply because such a change is difficult to have full credence when nearly 50% are opposed.

However, I couldn't support a second referendum unless those who supported it were including a large number of those who voted 'leave' in the first place. What's done is done. It was against the will of our elected representatives but they have a duty to put the wheels in motion.

There is no turning back now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here