Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ireland to leave Manchester City.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
phpZkh1L3MirrorSportPageChat.jpg

Was by far one of city's best players and now has been pushed out the squad and Mancini clearly doesn't like him.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
could do a job?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's an outstanding midfielder, always looked good whenever I've seen him. Someone'll snap him up straight away.
Obviously not foreign enough for Man City is he.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sarcasm mate. He'll end up at a Villa or Spurs.

Or Liverpool, it will certainly be a premiership club of that sort of level. Wouldn't be massively surprised if he ended up at United either. Could be a bargain for someone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Or Liverpool, it will certainly be a premiership club of that sort of level. Wouldn't be massively surprised if he ended up at United either. Could be a bargain for someone.

Good player though he is, I doubt if United would want to be seen as picking up Citys "cast offs".

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is this the same classy fella who did this to a Bentley?

manchester-city-s-stephen-ireland-and-his-bling-bentley-15357-image2.jpg

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
He's a great footballer.

Comes across as a complete twat what with his cars and the granny incident but I read an interview with him about why he doesn't play for Ireland and I really enjoyed his complete honesty about it. Far more interesting than the usual footballer interviews. Even if he does have a shocking taste in pimping out cars.

C.Kazim-Richards

Jul 26, 2010
I am not a fan of Stephen. While there is obvious talent in him, hes very arrogant, has poor attitude and very inconsisent that will stop him reaching his potential.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Spurs will be in for him, but not sure if he'd fit in down there, an attacking midfield player too similar to the likes of Modric/Kranjcar/Lennon etc.
My bet would be that he goes to Villa, with Milner going in the other direction, and given Villa want £30m, it'll probably end up with Milner for Ireland + £20m or so.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With all City's big spending someone had to leave, and this story comes as no surprise. Personally, I think Ireland is overrated; he's not going to take City into the Champions League, but he is good enough to help take a club like Everton into the Top 7 or Sunderland into the Top 10.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not a fan of Stephen. While there is obvious talent in him, hes very arrogant, has poor attitude and very inconsisent that will stop him reaching his potential.

stop it!

:laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here