[Football] Iran v Portugal

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am saying he wouldnt

You might be on your own there. What was your mark out of 10 for the ref today. What did he get right / wrong?

plus he is actually a premiership referee as of 2016/17 and we were talking championship referees.

He took charge of Fulham v Brighton in the Championship in January 2017 and it wasn't the only game we had him that season. Look it up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The final is going to last about three and half hours at this rate and include 5 penalties.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I can't believe that more people aren't pointing the finger at FIFA. It is a travesty that the system hasn't been fine tuned before the World Cup.

Tonight was bad but I fear that is nothing compared to what will happen when the stakes are raised.

The refs tonight have set have set a precedent for reviewing then giving pens on the flimsiest of evidence.

2 year's of preparation by FIFA would have made this a welcome addition, but no testing means we have 3 weeks of farce to look forward to.

I agree with this. I like VAR but this World Cup is too soon. There needed to be a longer trial and training period. Many of the refs don't have any VAR experience.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I can't believe that more people aren't pointing the finger at FIFA. It is a travesty that the system hasn't been fine tuned before the World Cup.

Tonight was bad but I fear that is nothing compared to what will happen when the stakes are raised.

The refs tonight have set have set a precedent for reviewing then giving pens on the flimsiest of evidence.

2 year's of preparation by FIFA would have made this a welcome addition, but no testing means we have 3 weeks of farce to look forward to.
I agree the premiership have voted not to use it next season for this reason it needs more experience. We still would have had terrible decisions without it though. Some decisions have been rightfully changed but still too many wrong decisions and no transparancy.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
You might be on your own there. What was your mark out of 10 for the ref today. What did he get right / wrong?

He took charge of Fulham v Brighton in the Championship in January 2017 and it wasn't the only game we had him that season. Look it up.

I didnt say he didnt ref championship games but if you are elevated to a premiership referee you are a premiership level refere and we were talking championship level referees. I watched the Spain game. But I hear Ronaldo should have been sent off, your thoughts on that?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Absolutely this. It's easy to be side tracked by a specific point but, when it's done and dusted the fact is that FIFA have put untested technology together with minority country referees in charge of the biggest tournament of the planet.

The problem is the shit just gets shaken off. We've had Panorama blast FIFA wide open and the government agencies in the self appointed "World's Policeman" make arrests and where are we? FIFA still in charge, Qatar still with the tournament in 2022 and games like today making a mockery of the sport. What more are we to do? I genuinely don't know. It might well take a principled journalist or two in a third world, bribe ridden, secret-police ruled, torture enforcing state to do an expose

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I watched the Spain game.

So, to sum up, you think the ref in a game you didn't watch was better than a referee you can barely remember.

But I hear Ronaldo should have been sent off, your thoughts on that?

No, he shouldn't have been. Maybe watch it eh?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
So, to sum up, you think the ref in a game you didn't watch was better than a referee you can barely remember.

No, he shouldn't have been. Maybe watch it eh?
Oh I remember the ****er even this season do you? I might watch it later. Again your thoughts on Ronaldo being sent off? Also once again he is a premiership referee i was commenting on chamipionship referees not being any better.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hate players and managers making the TV Monitor outline. Looks like we're lumbered with that to infinity now!

There've been some perfectly good goals, no controversy in them, where defending players have persuaded the ref to get the VAR process going yet again. Breaking the momentum of the game unnecessarily. Allowing the querying cheats to create uncertainty.

VAR was not intended as a recheck of every goal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Oh I remember the ****er even this season do you? I might watch it later. Again your thoughts on Ronaldo being sent off? Also once again he is a premiership referee i was commenting on chamipionship referees not being any better.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Ronaldo wasn't sent off and I gave you my thoughts - he shouldn't have been. The ref went back and gave him a yellow on VAR. He saw it before you did though.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Ronaldo wasn't sent off and I gave you my thoughts - he shouldn't have been. The ref went back and gave him a yellow on VAR. He saw it before you did though.
:ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr: **** sake i know he wasnt sent off i was asking you who watched the game if he should have been since er you know you watched it and people have been saying he should have been sent off. Just asking your opinion I wouldnt ask if I didnt respect the answer.... beginning to doubt myself now though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
No, he shouldn't have been.

Ronaldo wasn't sent off and I gave you my thoughts - he shouldn't have been.

My thoughts. Twice.

Again your thoughts on Ronaldo being sent off? .

He wasn't sent off. Your quoted statement above suggests he was. BEING sent off means he was. He wasn't.

i know he wasnt sent off

That's not what you said.

Either you're a 15 year old or you type like one. Say what you mean in proper English and all this would be unnecessary. Maybe ask Mr Jones for extra homework?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I agree the premiership have voted not to use it next season for this reason it needs more experience. We still would have had terrible decisions without it though. Some decisions have been rightfully changed but still too many wrong decisions and no transparancy.

I've never been an advocate for VAR but I think the problem is the ever declining standard of referring (at least in this country).

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I've never been an advocate for VAR but I think the problem is the ever declining standard of referring (at least in this country).

The saddest part is that it makes Mike Dean look simply plain incompetent, rather than an utter, utter disgrace.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
My thoughts. Twice.

He wasn't sent off. Your quoted statement above suggests he was. BEING sent off means he was. He wasn't.

That's not what you said.

Either you're a 15 year old or you type like one. Say what you mean in proper English and all this would be unnecessary. Maybe ask Mr Jones for extra homework?

Clearly he wasnt sent off the 15 year old argument is thinking that I wouldnt know that and thinking you can gain some kind of something out of that you didnt answer to me directly except for your 15 year old facepalms and you call yourself a journalist who reports on referees. I worry for the game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Clearly he wasnt sent off the 15 year old argument is thinking that I wouldnt know that and thinking you can gain some kind of something out of that you didnt answer to me directly except for your 15 year old facepalms and you call yourself a journalist who reports on referees. I worry for the game.

While I understand every indivdual word in that post I'm not sure I understand what they all mean in that order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here