Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IQs seem to be dropping rapidly at Chelsea

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Just reading on the BBC web site that every time Yossi Benayoun touched the ball when playing a friendly against Malaysia, he was jeered. The quote from the article pasted below cracked me up!

Chelsea said they did not complain at the time because they were uncertain about the reason for the abuse!

Hymmm! :glare::glare:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
which was? didnt he do a two footed tackle on someone, and the boos came after that?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Considering this is the club where bringing weapons to work and using them to SHOOT work experience kids is OK, the OP is making quite a bold statement.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well until this story I did not know Malaysia did not recognise Israel, everyday is a school day

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Was it Chelsea or one of his other clubs that took their squad to one of the gulf states that Israeli's are banned from?
That was a nice bit of stupidity.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well until this story I did not know Malaysia did not recognise Israel, everyday is a school day
Crikey, I didn't know that either, which I feel I should have having travelled there with Malaysian friends some time back.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Crikey, I didn't know that either, which I feel I should have having travelled there with Malaysian friends some time back.

Apparently the Scottish FA have registered a complaint with FIFA about this incident. They are hoping to get Malaysia banned from international football, so they can move up a position in the World rankings.

Apparently the Scottish FA have registered a complaint with FIFA about this incident. They are hoping to get Malaysia banned from international football, so they can move up a position in the World rankings.

Is it bad that i can't work out if this is a joke or not?

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
Not sure about their IQ, but it is somewhat ironic that Chelsea of all clubs are lodging complaints about anti-semitic abuse from the crowd. Be interesting to hear what Spurs fans make of this. The Chelsea board was right to complain of course and they could do a lot more for the cause by sorting out their own fans, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here