Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich v Norwich on SKY

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
But you don't know if they're good or not good enough until you give them the stern test. And if it is deemed they aren't, why are they here? Sooner or later you have to take the gamble with the kids, otherwise, as I said above, it is a pointless exercise.

Pie in the sky. Usually they are not good enough, and the rare kid that is has usually been noticed well before throwing him in the deep end.

Using the DS as cover is for emergency only, eg. the fullback situation last year where we had to bring in Ridgewell.

We currently have 3 options up front without tinkering other players from their favoured positions. We will not be competing for automatics without a key addition to our attacking options.

Also worth saying that Chris/the club must agree with this, if willing to front the best part of 7m bringing in Pritchard. Not exactly a luxury purchase for that kind of money is it?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Pie in the sky. Usually they are not good enough, and the rare kid that is has usually been noticed well before throwing him in the deep end.

Using the DS as cover is for emergency only, eg. the fullback situation last year where we had to bring in Ridgewell.

We currently have 3 options up front without tinkering other players from their favoured positions. We will not be competing for automatics without a key addition to our attacking options.

Also worth saying that Chris/the club must agree with this, if willing to front the best part of 7m bringing in Pritchard. Not exactly a luxury purchase for that kind of money is it?

We will be competing regardless. But some of the bed wetting that goes on is incredible. I'd love us to have another centre forward option, but if it doesn't happen I won't be jumping out of the 360 Tower just yet.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We will be competing regardless. But some of the bed wetting that goes on is incredible. I'd love us to have another centre forward option, but if it doesn't happen I won't be jumping out of the 360 Tower just yet.

Not sure what I said that constitutes as 'bed wetting'. It was not ill-considered or reactionary.

We have been told that automatics are the aim, and without another attacking option I think that is an unlikely goal.

i didn't even mention cover at CB or retaining the services of Stephens which will also be required.

Make no mistake, the next 10 days, where all our concerns over the last 2-3 months are culminating and laid bare, are absolutely pivotal in what to expect for the season ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here