Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread *** (merged)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I thought the idea was to have a squad whereby you could lose players and not be badly affected and we have spent good money achieving this, strikers aside. Ipswich are on a shit run and pretty rubbish not sure that scraping a draw is anywhere near good enough personally. This is assuming that we are trying to get promoted.

That half of football is not setting us up well for a much tougher assignment on Saturday
Sadly our midfield is the big issue and with either kayal or Stephens missing we lose our attacking impetuous...This wasn't addressed and it may well cost us big time.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sadly our midfield is the big issue and with either kayal or Stephens missing we lose our attacking impetuous...This wasn't addressed and it may well cost us big time.

The theory may have been that we now had cover in midfield, but Stephens and Kayal together are just miles better than any other combination.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Trouble is that neither Baldock or Murphy seem like the game changers that you get when you bring KLL on.

Well, the one game in 6 or so that KLL does do something off the bench now. I'd like to see Manu. Pacy and has looked relatively interested when he has been involved this year.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Norwood is a perfectly adequate back-up, how can you expect the club to bring in someone equal to Stephens (£7 million+ player) or Kayal (Imo the better of the two) to sit on the bench for most of the time?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I agree with Manu and Murphy, need some pace to run at them as we are creating nothing at the moment. We seem such a different team when we do not have Kayal/Stephens in the middle.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I thought the idea was to have a squad whereby you could lose players and not be badly affected and we have spent good money achieving this, strikers aside. Ipswich are on a shit run and pretty rubbish not sure that scraping a draw is anywhere near good enough personally. This is assuming that we are trying to get promoted.

That half of football is not setting us up well for a much tougher assignment on Saturday

In any case, we've already lost one home game and we're not going to win all the rest so we need a few away wins.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Does Baldock have that spark to be able to change a game though? I liked the look of Manu when he;s come off the bench late on recently.

Just my opinion - I'd give Murray and Baldock a go together. I could easily be wrong................................................or right!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The theory may have been that we now had cover in midfield, but Stephens and Kayal together are just miles better than any other combination.
That's why you need more than two quality midfielders and we should have got a couple of young talented midfielders instead of the wasted wages on sidwell and most of the very average others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here