Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official match thread ****

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The BBC text commentary says it all about the second goal:

"Goal! Ipswich Town 2, Brighton and Hove Albion 0. Daryl Murphy (Ipswich Town) left footed shot from a difficult angle and long range on the left to the bottom right corner."

That is restrained BBC talk for "the keeper really should have saved that".

I watched the second half on the stream and I have to say we were unlucky overall. Holla and Lua Lua both should have scored before we went 1 down. Agree we looked weaker after CMS went off. Yes, we are clearly still adapting to the system, it doesn't look right, but anyone who thinks Ipswich were 2 goals better than us needs their head seeing to.

I don't care if they were 2 goals better than us. But the facts are that we have played 7 and lost 3. We are leaking goals like we haven't since Gus took over.We have no striker who looks like scoring. But nothing to worry about huh?

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
easy to see one part of the problem with wing backs
defensively the opposition can get in behind
but offensively there is also a problem
lack of numbers in attacking wide positions
but also lack of quality in comparison to natural wide players

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Very poor performance, watched all 90 minutes online. Never looked like scoring. It looked to me that the players did not know what was expected of them in each position. Worrying...and we haven't played a decent team yet.

Feb 14, 2010
Listen everyone. Calm down.

We are only a few games in. Chill.

And if we don't win on Saturday it is still not an emergency.

Everyone keep your knickers on!

Yeah right big support done nothing since 1983 and 1910. Patience worn a bit thin. Effort counts for nothing. Results is all that counts.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Come off it. We're 7 games into the season.

Ipswich had exactly the same recovery time.

They've been at home 2 games in a row, we've been away twice.

Fatigue???? Omfg poor players, I mean they've played 7 games, must be shattered

Pro footballer are you? Or are you just guessing that because they're footballers they don't get tired? As I've said before, we've been away twice in a row, Ipswich haven't.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
What about the millions we've spent building the stadium? Where's that come from? All from one sugar daddy's pocket. It's a business that needs to rebalance the books. We are a club here for the long term and not the short term don't you agree?

Yes but that 8 million we weren't excepting with our current squad looks like we are going to finish mid table or worse which means season ticket sales will fall next season which mean the club will loose even more money and then we could be in the shit we needed to spend big the transfer window and we then might of had a chance of getting into the play offs! But yes I do agree with you a

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bit early for some of the doom and gloom on here, Hyypia hasn't got a clue what his best team is yet and our forwards have let him down, we have had more chances than the opposition in every game but seldom make it count.

Plenty of time to sort it, just don't think playoffs.

Let's not ignore the fact that the keeper has let him down as well. Thought that first save might have been what he needed to turn the corner, but seemingly not.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
2-0 doesn't do Ipswich justice. They've been DIRE.

Sorry but that is ridiculous! They were 2-0 less dire than we were.

Like we were 0-1 less dire against Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday?

I am really hurting over our performances so far. I really thought that with the signings we had made, we would be really competitive. Not to be so far.

Feb 14, 2010

Pro footballer are you? Or are you just guessing that because they're footballers they don't get tired? As I've said before, we've been away twice in a row, Ipswich haven't.

Goodness me. Didums. All they do is play football all week. Champions league players do that and get on plane to do so. No excuses. They failed at Brentford and now tonight. They live and die on results. Full stop. No excuses.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Why is everyone ignoring the luck element though, they had a very lucky save (or two?), whilst we had a couple of unlucky **** ups. If luck went the other way we would have been winning.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't care if they were 2 goals better than us. But the facts are that we have played 7 and lost 3. We are leaking goals like we haven't since Gus took over.We have no striker who looks like scoring. But nothing to worry about huh?

I love it when people on NSC decide they definitely know what you're thinking even if you haven't said it. Where did I say nothing to worry about? There's plenty to be concerned about at least. Stockdale doesn't look like the same keeper who played for Fulham, the full backs don't know if they're coming or going and we're lacking goals from our numerous strikers. However this is the official match thread about this match and my comment was we did not deserve to lose. That gives me hope we can sort it out.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Sorry but that is no excuse. Were they jetlagged after the long journies to Brentford and Ipswich? Goodness! players are pampered too much now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If not this season, when?

If we are constricted financially( and I have no problem with that) this season we have sold a lot of talent and signed a lot of new faces but we are still getting beaten by teams that we have "outplayed" When will we see the possession pay off into results?

Very concerned about this so far. I am probably in the minority, but would rather see a team that can grind out a win from performances like this rather than entertain and keep losing.

You can thank the Premier League telling the Football League any fines from breaking FFP go to charity. Under the original guidelines there would have been potentially 12 compliant clubs in 2013/14 in this division easily sharing £50M+. Another £4M towards the playing budget makes one hell of a difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here