Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official match thread ****

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
2-0 now.

Before people scream relegation - we've not played that badly. We've been wasteful and sloppy in front of goal and unconfident at the back. Why we decided to invite Ipswich into our six yard box without so much of a tackle is beyond me, but other than that we've looked capable of matching them and with a bit more aggression we might be ahead. You have to give Gerken credit though, he's played a blinder.

So what's gone wrong? Subs. This game was ours for the taking at 60 minutes. You simply HAVE to blame Sami for not making the changes. The big disappointment for me is that Tex wasn't introduced on 60 minutes. Bringing him on after going down was utterly pointless. It was blindingly obvious he was needed then instead we let the legs tire in midfield and they've walked it in. Other than that we've looked threatening.

Enjoy the attacking imputus we've shown today but Sami's thrown it with his subs, simple as that. Taking Holla off and leaving LuaLua on. I hope he holds his hands up.

We have no target man that's the problem we have 12 million sitting in the pot still and we bought Chris o'grady who can't get a look in shocking

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear....we wernt playing too badly but its the same painful final third thing.Soooo devoid of ideas.Its also worrying that as soon as the opposition muster a chance they seem to score.Happened in every game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They seem to be allowed to deliberately foul Kaz any time they like, with no fear of punishment.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's only bloody September. So what? We don't go up this season. Build, build. Be patient.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I haven't been able to watch tonight. Obviously a defeat is annoying but how was the performance?

Should I be worried yet?

Extremely poor.

No one seems to know what they are doing and there is no inventiveness in front of goal.

We desperately lack a good centre back alongside Dunk and a target man up front to create and score goals and hold the ball up to bring in other players.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
the problem has been wasteful in attack and sloppy defending. The problem is not Stockdale. I thought we were doing fine until the first goal

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We'll put a winning league run together. Blackpool at home, then... Oh, as you were.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Since Macca was taken off what has his replacement done?

Created a couple of decent moves.

The issue here is not bringing Tex on at 60 minutes when we could have won this game. Instead he's waited until we're behind, then he's put Tex on for Holla?!!!! LuaLua still wondering aimlessly around the pitch and taking 40 yard pot shots. Insane decision by Sami. Undefendable. He's lost us this with his subs, this had 0-0 or an Albion 0-1 written all over it. I actually cannot believe he's done it - beggers belief!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Not quite sure what I think of Sami.

Play 4-5-1 against Leeds and destroy them, we had width and a touch of pace. We've resorted back to narrow 4-3-3 and once again it's showing how dreadful it is against teams with pacey wingers. I don't think Sami has an idea about what formation he wants and plays anything.

That said, the team hasn't exactly been great. lua lua taking pot shots is frustrating. Ince making passes that ping off player's heels...just no penetration.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We have no target man that's the problem we have 12 million sitting in the pot still and we bought Chris o'grady who can't get a look in shocking

I agree that O'Grady may not have been the best purchase, but we don't have £12m sitting in a pot. It doesn't work like that does it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here