Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Fans With Banners...

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
The Ipswich banner has apparently won 2nd prize in the global 'Ignorant and ridiculous football banner awards". The 1st prize (and never to be beaten) went once again to Bristol City with their Play-Off final effort of "Better luck next year Brighton"!

Feb 14, 2010
i thought it was Great Yarmouth that the 'kidnapped' Ipswich fan was taken too...allegedly :whistle:

Me and a mate went up on the Friday for that game, got chased all over town, and had to 'force' our way out of a tricky situ in a pub...imagine our delight the following day when train after train and several 'independent' coaches of Albion fans flooded the town! I remember the pub opposite the station was drunk dry by 1pm, i'm not even sure that many people even paid for drinks as it seemed to be self service at times!

So, in a nutshell..this day is prob why they don't like us!

Exactly, Brighton cause mayhem all over Ipswich, Kidnapped / liberated an Ipswich fan but a poster on this forum seems to think that people just turned up in fancy dress. He then joins into a hissy fit about a er..banner. You couldn't make it up. Expect he also has a hissy fit about a few mouthy Millwall fans as well. Its either the worst case of one eyed outlook or he has has not supported Brighton for very long

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A mate sent me this from the TWTD forum,..... please can one of you respond to this ill informed rubbish.......... ta

For the best part of the last 15 plus years, including the end of the Acrher era, there was a massive apathy on the part of the many Albion fans towwards they now so beloved club.

For much of that period the fight for a new stadium was left in the hands of a few 'diehards' and there actually a widespread opposition to a new ground being built anywhere. There has not been a massive long term ground swell of support for the team.

Now they have that stadium and the team is performing better, suddenly their is a multitude who have stopped wearing their Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U shirts to become 'life-long' albion fans.

I dont know what the banner was about, what it meant or why the hell it done but I do find some of the Brighton fans reaction funny

Bless 'em

Note - I know some of that group of 'diehards' very well and would make a tribute to the effort and work they have done over the past 15 years.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yep... Sounded great too. I think we should boo the away attendance every week from now on. None of this clapping bollocks.

So much booing that I diddn't hea what their attendance was!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
A mate sent me this from the TWTD forum,..... please can one of you respond to this ill informed rubbish.......... ta

For the best part of the last 15 plus years, including the end of the Acrher era, there was a massive apathy on the part of the many Albion fans towwards they now so beloved club.

For much of that period the fight for a new stadium was left in the hands of a few 'diehards' and there actually a widespread opposition to a new ground being built anywhere. There has not been a massive long term ground swell of support for the team.

Now they have that stadium and the team is performing better, suddenly their is a multitude who have stopped wearing their Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U shirts to become 'life-long' albion fans.

I dont know what the banner was about, what it meant or why the hell it done but I do find some of the Brighton fans reaction funny

Bless 'em

Note - I know some of that group of 'diehards' very well and would make a tribute to the effort and work they have done over the past 15 years.

I'd say its a giant wind up or the most clueless person on the planet - anyone with an ounce of google search ability would be able to read about our history....

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
At the end of the day whatever the real meaning was supposed to be it read like it was a dig at us.

To all those saying it's just a banner and they didn't get upset that's fine, it's personal choice and that's how you live your life. Personally, if you have a dig at me or my club then I'll have a dig at you.

Live and let live, people :thumbsup:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Exactly, Brighton cause mayhem all over Ipswich, Kidnapped / liberated an Ipswich fan but a poster on this forum seems to think that people just turned up in fancy dress. He then joins into a hissy fit about a er..banner. You couldn't make it up. Expect he also has a hissy fit about a few mouthy Millwall fans as well. Its either the worst case of one eyed outlook or he has has not supported Brighton for very long

Perhaps the reason most people "seem to think that" is because that's all most of them did. You do know this isn't a hooligan forum don't you?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The Ipswich banner has apparently won 2nd prize in the global 'Ignorant and ridiculous football banner awards". The 1st prize (and never to be beaten) went once again to Bristol City with their Play-Off final effort of "Better luck next year Brighton"!

That one really will never be beaten. I still chuckle about that every time I hear BC mentioned. I'd have forgotten the Ipswich one by the next time we play them. Really was meaningless

Jan 30, 2008
half a dozen geeks down the front of the away end , blimey they were a sorry bunch, some sort of political activist group :wanker: Ipswich the biggest load of tobys to grace the Amex this season, have to say it made our support seem quite good for a change .

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The "Harmless Banter" banner did us a great favour, woke up the crowd and got them behind the team from the start and giving Ipswich abuse in return.

I suspect our wages budget is smaller than Ipswich's.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
What did the second banner say? It seemed to be "NO TO something .CO.UK.
This was the one confiscated by the stewards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here