Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fans still moaning about Tomasz and FFP

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
So they wanted to buy a player, and that's fine, but we buy him, and we're breaking FFP?

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
They are just struggling to come to terms that we are a more attractive club to players than them right now.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
"But I think Brighton offered him a fantastic deal, it was as simple as that."

"I don't know why he went, I would imagine he got a good deal and Brighton is a good club."

Firstly, Jewell sort of contradicts himself. Secondly, how does that instantly translate to = Brighton are paying him more, for whoever wrote the article?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
With the season they've just had, they ought to be very careful.

At some of them aren't as stupid as there "one-eyed contributors" :lolol:

We've come a long long way together!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Think you may have to sing "where's you Kuzczak gone?" when they come for a visit, plus a nice banner saying "there are some things money can buy, goalies are one of them".

I like the banner idea - however that makes too much sense. Needs a few double negatives chucked in there!

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Like the comment "Brighton have signed Wayne Bridge on a season long loan that cannot be cheap"

I believe this translated would read " I would have loved Wayne Bridge to come here but clearly Brighton is more alluring. But he must have gone for the money yer thats it money" :cry::cry::cry::hilton:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Sorry Ipswich. We are simply a more attractive proposition than you now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
They seem to forget the corporate money from some very hard to identify sources (FFP Rules anyone?) that has made them a financial big player over the last few years - if they had been able to match that with a manager able to turn some expensive individuals into a team they might have justified their status as one of the bookies favourites for promotion last year. I don't rule them out of the chase this year by any means. Maybe they just need to focus on themselves a little more and not worry about what we are doing?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ipswich's wage bill was £13.7 million in 2010/11, ours was

£3.9 million 2007/8
£4.8 million 2008/9 (which is roughly equal to Wayne Bridge's annual salary at City)
£5.7 million 2009/10
£7.1 million 2010/11

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ipswich's wage bill was £13.7 million in 2010/11, ours was

£3.9 million 2007/8
£4.8 million 2008/9 (which is roughly equal to Wayne Bridge's annual salary at City)
£5.7 million 2009/10
£7.1 million 2010/11

Is that for all employees of BHA or just playing staff El P?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Well, you've all got my utmost admiration because I can never understand a bloody word Paul Jewell says.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Paul Jewell is the guy who thought playing his leftback halfway up the pitch against Will Buckley was a good idea, so what he imagines and what happens probably aren't the same thing.

Feb 14, 2010
Ipswich get about 18,000 at home, and that may include freebies and discount two for one tickets or kid for a quid deals. Brighton sell out the ground with 23,000 season tickets and play to sell out 26000/27000 crowds. Brighton next year will play to 31,000 crowds when the ground is fully built, so what are Ipswich on about?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Paul Jewell is the guy who thought playing his leftback halfway up the pitch against Will Buckley was a good idea, so what he imagines and what happens probably aren't the same thing.

He's also the man who's Wigan team gave one of the best performances I've ever seen against the Albion as the went 3 (or was it 4) up against us in about 20 mins the season they walked the league. I think he's a reasonable manager if not a great one.

I've never like Ipswich though so I am loving the fact that they can't get to grips with us being more attractive to players than them at the moment.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Another team still living on past glories and who thinks we are still little old Brighton.love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here