Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPod nano 1st gen recall

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
Apologies if it's already been posted,I did search first.
Apple have recalled nano 1st generation ipods(plastic fronts white or black,metal backs) due to possible overheating batteries.
Replacements seem to be 6th gen nanos.
Dig the old ones out,details on there site..

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
An Apple recall? You must be mistaken surely? Apple don't make sub-standard products and this must be a first for them to have problems with batteries?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I'm surprised NSC hasn't been taken down for an hour or two for us to all digest this devastating news.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I returned my old 4G nano end of Nov and got a new 8G 6th gen replacement last week.:thumbsup:

c-c-c-sider

Feb 25, 2011
Southwick
you are correct with the 6th gen replacement. All you need to do is enter the serial number on the recall page on apples website
I sent mine back in november & the replacement took about 6 weeks.
(and the headphone socket was broken on my original one)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Are Apple also recalling the iPad2, due to them growing legs?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No f***ing way? I haven't even used mine for about four years, it's in the glove box in my car. Take it you don't need proof of purchase or anything? 1st gen is the long thin ones right?

c-c-c-sider

Feb 25, 2011
Southwick
No f***ing way? I haven't even used mine for about four years, it's in the glove box in my car. Take it you don't need proof of purchase or anything? 1st gen is the long thin ones right?

nope, apple actually contacted me as i registered it on itunes, there is no harm in logging on & seeing if yours is one of the ones in question.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thanks, I'll dig it out tomorrow :)

Shame in a way though, my old one was engraved with British sea power lyrics. Thinking about it though, it did get quite hot sometimes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Big cheers for that. Don't recall the batteries ever staying charged long enough to overheat, but a 6th generation replacement sounds good! :thumbsup:

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
No,apparently you just send back the nano and just receive the new iPod back,only 3 month warranty though.
Glad I wasn't the only one who hadn't heard about this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sounds like there's a few bob to be made by if you can be arsed to buy up some cheapo/broken 1st generation nanos on ebay then getting with the replacement program...

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
No,apparently you just send back the nano and just receive the new iPod back,only 3 month warranty though.
Glad I wasn't the only one who hadn't heard about this.
Yep no headphones, charger or cables just a nano. If you're sending your nano back you don't have to include any accessories thing else, but get a proof of postage in case it gets lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here