iphones

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Anyone any opinions in a 3g over a blackberry,?

Currently I have a Nokia E63 but played with an iphone and I want one...

Anyone got one for sale?

or where my wife can get a cheap one when she is in the UK next month?

I have an Iphone my wife has a blackberry. Mine is much better and easy to use than her cackberry.
Iphones rule

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
CrackBerry is the way forward. :thumbsup:

I have an 8900 Curve and it's by far the most addictive and impressive piece of kit I've owner.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Although the Blackberry is brilliant for email, over the iphone. The iphone is actually a better 'phone' / 'toy'

This is as a user of both

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Plus BlackBerry's are PROPER ugly, if that matters to you.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
I'm waiting to see how the new Google Androids phones fair.

I got my HTC HERO a few weeks ago.

no complaints so far. started off a little slow and sluggish, but they made an update last week, and its sorted all issues relating to this.

lovely phone. and free on orange. bargain.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Could try that CEX place up on the Western road, they often have them for sale S/H, but not bargain prices.

Last edited:

ballboys

Feb 23, 2009
I've got both (BB for work & I Phone for play). My contract expires with O2 next week so will be cancelling. Could potentially have an I Phone for sale.

It's only 1 month old too as the last one got dropped down the stairs and smashed!

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Anyone any opinions in a 3g over a blackberry,?

Currently I have a Nokia E63 but played with an iphone and I want one...

Anyone got one for sale?

or where my wife can get a cheap one when she is in the UK next month?

I'm not a phone geek but as far as I understand it O2 are the only company in the UK licenced to sell iPhones and you can only buy them from O2 on contract. Therefore it would be rather expensive to use abroad.

I might be wrong though...

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I got my HTC HERO a few weeks ago.

no complaints so far. started off a little slow and sluggish, but they made an update last week, and its sorted all issues relating to this.

lovely phone. and free on orange. bargain.

Looking at reports it does everything the iPhone does but is better.

Secondly the amount of free applications that will be available for this will be endless once more people get them.

I am sure since Android is open source anyway, there will be thousands of tweaks available to make the phone even quicker.

Can I ask how much it is costing a month, and can you roam the internet anytime you like on your tarrif.
What about going abroad, can you roam the internet there too?

Jul 25, 2006

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Looking at reports it does everything the iPhone does but is better.

Secondly the amount of free applications that will be available for this will be endless once more people get them.

I am sure since Android is open source anyway, there will be thousands of tweaks available to make the phone even quicker.

Can I ask how much it is costing a month, and can you roam the internet anytime you like on your tarrif.
What about going abroad, can you roam the internet there too?

As a developer that has written for both Android and iPhone (plus have apps on the marketplace AND store) then the Android doesn't really 'do everything an iphone does better' - each phone has their pros and cons really.

One thing I'm not keen on with Android is google generally farm data from the device for targeted ads, if this doesn't bother you then fine.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Argh. Really want back on the iPhone but locked into the 6th month of a 18 month contract on a Nokia. Suggestions anyone?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This is hard for me to say as I love Apple and their products but.....

I'm slowly falling out of love with my iPhone! I love it as a platform but as a phone it just performs badly. Only this morning I was sat at my desk with the phone next to me, I've got full signal (I'm in central London) yet low and behold I managed to have a call go straight to voicemail. I've also have regular instances of text messages taking several hours to arrive.

This combined with o2 incredible data roaming charges (£3 per MB in EU £6 outside - Vodaphone is currently £4 per 25mb in the EU) and now the constant freezing I'm getting since the upgrading to 3.1 I think I may move away from it in January when my contract is up. The 3Gs was completely uninspiring and I don't see the point of shelling out for a video camera and a compass!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
To be honest, unless you want it for the coolness, there are much better phones out there which do a lot more for a lot less, iphones are ludicrously expensive

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Argh. Really want back on the iPhone but locked into the 6th month of a 18 month contract on a Nokia. Suggestions anyone?

Same problem here, have 12 months left. I considered just getting a second contract but I don't want to lose my number so the only option is buying the contract off early which is 25*12 = 300 - 15%VAT = £255 in order to get rid of the contract and get the PAC code to transfer the number. I could then sell my existing phone for about £100 and my mp3 player for about same amount to cover that cost.

It just seems like a whole lot of work!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports