Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / Apple Watch

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I really don't get why anyone would go thru the hassle of either? Ordering online was so easy, and with delivery on the 19th why queue for one???

I'd much rather take 10 mins out of my day and get one Friday morning rather than arrive home after work to find the postman's red slip of doom on my welcome mat.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I'd much rather take 10 mins out of my day and get one Friday morning rather than arrive home after work to find the postman's red slip of doom on my welcome mat.

Fair point - if you're that local to an apple store (although 10 mins is a tad optimistic for launch day?!)

I'm in Worthing so Churchill square is the nearer store so free delivery works perfectly for us

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Fair point - if you're that local to an apple store (although 10 mins is a tad optimistic for launch day?!)

I'm in Worthing so Churchill square is the nearer store so free delivery works perfectly for us

That's fair enough. Everyone's circumstances are different.
If I had ordered one, I'd probably have gotten it delivered to my work address to save time/hassle.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pre-order for a straight 6 went through easily first time.

Also used the 'reserve for collection' link for the 6 Plus, although I'm doubtful it will work. Will you really be able to just waltz in and pick one up with hundreds queueing outside?

What colour have you gone for?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Anyone had any luck ordering a 6+ online for either home delivery or collection from Churchill Square?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I queued for iPhone 5. I'm 99.9% sure it was not possible to reserve - you just had to queue and wait. I got to one of the Apple Stores in Bristol before 5am and finally got my phone around midday and I wasn't too far back in the queue either. I'd never do it again. Even if you've selected pick-up, I still can't see it being 10 minutes, especially if you've gone for an early collection. The Geniuses like to take their time, not rush you and make sure you're OK. Some people will want help setting up their phones and doing iCloud restores. I'm not saying you'll wait 7 hours, but I bet it won't be 10 minutes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
@Bozza did I believe. Churchill Square now showing unavailable for 6+ (all models) 6 is available as of writing.

I'm not sure I'll go and get it though (see post above). I don't think I can hand off the reservation to someone else though given the need to have ID to collect.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Post 316 - [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ordered a straight 6, not a plus.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Managed to pre-order a 6+ online now. 3-4 weeks delivery!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I queued for iPhone 5. I'm 99.9% sure it was not possible to reserve - you just had to queue and wait. I got to one of the Apple Stores in Bristol before 5am and finally got my phone around midday and I wasn't too far back in the queue either. I'd never do it again. Even if you've selected pick-up, I still can't see it being 10 minutes, especially if you've gone for an early collection. The Geniuses like to take their time, not rush you and make sure you're OK. Some people will want help setting up their phones and doing iCloud restores. I'm not saying you'll wait 7 hours, but I bet it won't be 10 minutes.

:laugh: I love a gadget but these stories always amuse me, I can't get my head around the lengths people will go to just to have a new mobile.

Feb 11, 2006
Amsterdam
Question for those who have ordered online, did you get a mail saying "your order is being processed" or a confirmation mail? I have ordered, but think the order will get pulled as I'm ordering from a Dutch IP address and Credit card to be delivered to my Parents UK address. The hope is it'd be sat waiting for me when I get back on Friday, but I think the order will get cancelled (had it with iPhone 3G way back when, but was hoping that maybe their process had changed) - Just curious what status your orders are at.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Question for those who have ordered online, did you get a mail saying "your order is being processed" or a confirmation mail? I have ordered, but think the order will get pulled as I'm ordering from a Dutch IP address and Credit card to be delivered to my Parents UK address. The hope is it'd be sat waiting for me when I get back on Friday, but I think the order will get cancelled (had it with iPhone 3G way back when, but was hoping that maybe their process had changed) - Just curious what status your orders are at.

Mine: Your order is being processed.

[h=2]Thank you for your order.[/h][h=2]We will notify you as items are dispatched.[/h]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here