Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ipad / printer question.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am thinking of treating myself to an ipad soon and was wondering about something. Being as mean as I am I wanted to keep my existing printer and was wondering if you can affix a lead from the ipad to the printer (which I can keep out of the way) for the times when I need to print things out. I do not print from wireless with my existing one.
As a recreational piece do they beat laptops as well ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
As far as I know you need a printer that is "airprint" compatible.
As for replacing a laptop, I hardly ever turn my laptop on any more except, ironically, to print stuff.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep - iPad 3 likely around March time so wait if you can.

Airprint is the way forward or a printer that essentially allows online printing - ie your device pushes the printfile into the cloud and then it comes back to your printer. I'm not aware of any hard-wired print solution for iOS devices.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can you save to a usb stick with an ipad? Do you have a printer that allows you to print from a usb stick?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If you have an Epson wireless printer there is an app you can use to print from the ipad. I use it on mine and it works pretty well. I suspect there is similar fromother manufacturers.

glos seagull

Sep 2, 2005
you can use this fingerprint software on your laptop to make any printer on your laptop available to your iPad.

try searching for Fingerprint software on collobos dot com - would post a link but do not have enough posts...

We use it and it works fine - free trial for 7 days and $10 for a full copy.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I am thinking of treating myself to an ipad soon and was wondering about something. Being as mean as I am I wanted to keep my existing printer and was wondering if you can affix a lead from the ipad to the printer (which I can keep out of the way) for the times when I need to print things out. I do not print from wireless with my existing one.

You Luddite.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

About time you stopped scrounging print jobs...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep - iPad 3 likely around March time so wait if you can.

Do you think this is going to happen? I think they'll keep it back if anything, or it will be a 2S like the iPhone 4S. I did a bit of digging as I have bought an iPad2 for the wife for Xmas, but got a decent deal so wouldn't be too bothered if a new one did come out, but it seems production of certain components has hit delays and so a spring launch is looking less certain. You never know though, depends on how much stock they still have of the iPad2, the sales of that vs other tablets etc.

Cashback from Quidco, and got a refurb model from the Apple store so a decent enough deal in the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here