Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interview with David Lopez (translated with Google)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Nothing groundbreaking but thought it might be of interest as everyone loves Spanish Dave - here is the stuff about Brighton via Google Translate

---

David Lopez , formerly of Athletic Club Bilbao and Osasuna , currently playing for Brighton & Hove Albion of England Championship . The player left the teamriojano Bilbao in the last preseason looking for a new adventure in England, and became an idol for the fans. Train orders Gustavo Poyet and joined in the same project several past players in La Liga, as Bruno Saltor , Vicente Rodriguez and Leo Ulloa , to ascend to the Premier League. 'Spanish Dave', as well you know Brighton fans, and has scored five goals this season and is the team's third leading scorer behind Ashley Barnes (9) and Craig Mackail-Smith (11). Goal.com has been able to maintain a conversation with him and thus describes his new adventure in the islands. before anything ...

How about life in England? Do you have a hard time to adapt to daily life for you and your family?
Initially it costs mainly used to the schedule, because it gets dark here before and after 5 pm and close almost everything. But hey, otherwise fine. You get to everything.

Is there much difference in terms of football culture? What's life like there?
Is very similar to Spain, but it is true, as everyone says it passes through the two countries, here in England is lived more intensely that most fans go to the stadiums and in that sense if there is a difference.

Now, in Brighton, there are times you usually play at right back. Like that position or a position above prefer?
Coincidentally I've played several games there and I found comfortable. Actually I usually play a little higher, both inside band, but I do not care when playing ... (laughs).

They've built a team full of known name of the League ... Does that help in communication?
help when you can get together and communicate, but not much help to learn English ... (Laughs), because between us we speak in Castilian. Poyet What is coaching? Raving about it ... You see in the future some great directing Europe? Actually that is a good coach and we are happy with it. I personally tell you that I am grateful because since I came has helped me and trusted me, and that is very important for a player. I think you'll soon see a big.

Currently the team is ten points behind sixth Hull City, who is third so far Is promotion to the Premier League as it seems? I think not. Up now we have chained a good run of results, the team is good and there is still a lot of league to fight for everything.

vanquished to Newcastle and you put things very difficult to Arsenal. In both games you played. How does it feel to play that kind of game?
parties are prettier than everyone likes to play. I could play them, we made ​​good games and the team made ​​good picture, too bad we could not with Arsenal and have been able to advance any further qualifying.

---
From: David López, en exclusiva: Al Athletic Club de Bilbao le está pasando factura la pasada temporada - Goal.com

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Thanks, very informative.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No sorry...no idea at all

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
"How about life in England? Do you have a hard time to adapt to daily life for you and your family?
Initially it costs mainly used to the schedule, because it gets dark here before and after 5 pm and close almost everything. But hey, otherwise fine. You get to everything. "

Google almost translate is not brilliant but I get the idea and with the above quote I agree.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
In real English ...

First of all … how’s life in England? Has it been difficult for you and your family to adapt to daily life over there?

Initially, the most difficult thing was getting used to the timings of things, because here it gets dark early, and almost everything closes at five … but, well – everything else is good. You’ve got all you need here.

Is there a big cultural difference when it comes to football? How are things done there?

It’s actually pretty similar to Spain, although it’s true what everybody says – here in England, everything’s done with greater intensity, and more supporters turn up to the stadiums … in this sense, I guess there’s a difference.

There are times at the moment when you play at right-back – do you enjoy this position, or do you prefer playing further forward?

It’s panned out that I’ve played there several times, and I’ve found it fine. I tend to play a little further forward, either centrally or out wide, but I really don’t mind as long as I’m playing … (laughs)

The club have built a team full of well-known names from La Liga … does this help in terms of communication?

It helps bring you together, and it’s useful being able to communicate, but it’s not much good for learning English … (laughs), because amongst ourselves we speak Spanish.

How’s Poyet as a coach? He’s highly spoken-of … do you see him managing one of Europe’s bigger teams in the future?

He’s a good coach, and we enjoy playing for him. Personally, I’m really grateful to him, because he’s helped me and shown trust in me since I’ve arrived, and that’s really important to a player. I’m sure we’ll see him managing a leading team soon.

The team are currently six points off Hull, who are third – are you as far off promotion to the Premiership as it appears?

I don’t think so. At the moment we’re putting together a good run of results, the team’s doing well, and there’s still a lot to fight for in the league.

The team beat Newcastle and ran Arsenal close – and you played in both games. What was it like playing in those types of games?

That kind of game’s nice – everyone wants to play in them. I was able to play, I did well in both and the team made a good impression. It’s a shame we couldn’t get the better of Arsenal and progress another round further.

Changing topic, let’s talk about La Liga. There were lots of rumours about you coming back during the winter transfer window … I suppose they were just that, right?

Well, yeah – in reality they were just rumours.

Do you see yourself coming back one day?

I never rule out anything; I just work on enjoying the current moment and getting as much as I can from it. I’m always ambitious, so you never know what might happen. The only thing I know is that I’m happy here and I’m not thinking about anything more than getting Brighton promoted.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"Do you want to go to my place "..... Bouncy- Bouncy "

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
lovely stuff, cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here